• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Monogram 1/48 F-4C backdated to USMC F-4B SCRATCH

Monogram 1/48 F-4C backdated to USMC F-4B

Glad to see Chris chime in. He has a rather unique F-4 Skill set! :pilot I do love me an old Smokin' Thunderhog Phantom II! Harrumph from me as well!

After considerable thought and a lot of internet searches, I've come to the conclusion that this would be a waste of everyone's time. The best I could do would be a half assed mess of a model and insult the membership of this board.
To quote one poster from another board, "it is not possible to convert Monogram's F4C to an F4B." Yes I will build it and dress it as "B", but I won't waste this campaigns participants time and their efforts with this build.

Phanken-Phantom will go quietly to to shelf.

Give me a day or two to come up with another entrant.

Thank you in advance for your understanding my withdrawal of this model. I did truly under estimate the degree of modifications need to pull this off.

Greg

Bob, you can delete this topic altogether if you choose to. I'll start a fresh one when I decide on what kit I'll enter.

Back