• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Minicraft 1/48 US Army UH-60L Blackhawk

Hawk's got her clothes on ;)

100_8281.jpg

100_8280.jpg

100_8283.jpg

Decals next-- and need to tint the canopy windows somehow-- might try tinted Future...

Tinted overhead canopies - Tamiya Clear Green cut a little with Tamiyas own thinner, apply on the INSIDE with a good soft sable brush. It's self-levelling and looks 'perfect' with two coats.

Been using it for years and years. It's how I did the AB-212 a couple of weeks ago.

HTH

Ian.

Actually, Army hawks don't have tinted windows at all. Their clear all the way around.
Some people think the upper Windows are tinted green like Hueys, but their not,
The only hawk that I know if that has tinted upper windows is the US Navy's new MH-60S.
HTH

Tim

Thanks Tim-- good to know. I was just following the kit destructions but I'll go with the expert over those every time ;)

Looking good Mike ... I started a 1/24 Huey ... mostly still in the box ... so I'll be picking your brains on this one ... and watching what you do ... :popcorn (y)

Thanks Mike and Dave!

Gerry- appreciate the looks. I'm just building this one strictly OOB but I'll help if I can ;)

Complete! Had some issues with the clear parts...mainly one falling inside and not coming out again...happened when I tried to seat it better in place-- big mistake. Also had a flub up with one of the side decals disintegrating :vmad

100_8298.jpg

100_8295.jpg

100_8297.jpg

Back