• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

MMM 2017 AH-1S Cobra US Army

Duke Maddog

Okay, here's my startup pics for this campaign. This is one of two projects I'm doing for this. That gives me a better chance to finish at least one of these and get my ribbon. I'm about a week late, but here they are anyway...

This is the Hasegawa AH-1S Cobra for my US Army in 1/72 scale:

WIP_MMM2017_Cobra_I.jpg

WIP_MMM2017_Cobra_II.jpg

I did start the cockpit on this, but so little was done I didn't shoot any pics yet. It is started though.

Stay tuned, pics forthcoming...

MMM 2017 AH11 S Cobra US Army

I dig the Cobra. It's one of my favorites, if not the favorite attack heli. :good:

It'd be better if it was a Marine Whiskey though. :pp

I dig the Cobra. It's one of my favorites, if not the favorite attack heli. :good:

It'd be better if it was a Marine Whiskey though. :pp

Thanks Helios! I already have a Whiskey already built. Had it for a couple decades already. In fact, except for the Zulu (which nobody makes in my scale) I have built all the Marine attack birds. Now I'm working on the Army.

Okay, I managed to get some things done this past week so here's my latest update.

I had a devil of a time with the cockpit decals. After 45 minutes of sitting in water; they still looked like this:

WIP_MMM2017_Cobra_III.jpg

Finally, I just decided to let them dry and later on I simply cut them out with scissors and cemented them to their respective parts of the cockpit and instrument panels:

WIP_MMM2017_Cobra_V.jpg

WIP_MMM2017_Cobra_VI.jpg

WIP_MMM2017_Cobra_IV.jpg

I was finally able to close this bird up:

WIP_MMM2017_Cobra_VII.jpg

After a few touch-ups and then some added details, I closed up the canopy on this bird as well:

WIP_MMM2017_Cobra_VIII.jpg

After masking the canopy, this bird will also be ready for paint.

That's all I have for now on this. Thanks all for looking in, comments are welcome.

I've done the same thing with cockpit decals in the past. :laugh:

Thanks guys. One way or another; I was going to get those decals inside the cockpit. Now to get this finished.

Thanks guys! I have this clearcoated for decals but I'm concerned I won't make it. I only have today to do this as tomorrow is booked solid. Anyway, if I don't make it, it was at least a good run. I will have managed to maintain my perfect record of never completing a Micro Modeling Month campaign done in my favorite and exclusive scale. What a kick in the pants that is, eh?

Dave, no I can't. Yesterday was the only day I could have moved this far enough along to finish today. I have only two hours today to work on the Hobby (if nothing else pops up to interrupt that) and I have another three to five hours of work and drying time left on this. No, I have once again failed to complete a Micro Modeling Month campaign. If I fail five in a row, will I be an Ace?

After a few days, feel free to delete this when the campaign closes. Everyone can continue to watch this build on my Maddog manufacturing Thread.

Back