• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Miles Magister Trainer - Special Hobby 1/48

Phil

Started this one tonight, reminds me of Classic Airframes, which I love to build.

Will be doing the box art version.
DSC0829mm.jpg~original

DSC0837mm1.jpg~original

DSC0830mm.jpg~original

DSC0831mm.jpg~original

Resin parts
DSC0834mm.jpg~original

The injection molded glass pieces are the best I have ever seen in a kit
DSC0833mm.jpg~original

DSC0833mm2.jpg~original

Decals don't look to shabby either!
DSC0836mm.jpg~original

more later.

Nice Phil!, I have the Flash Back version of this kit I picked up a couple of years ago. It looks like a decent kit, I am interested to see how it goes together for you.
Ernie

This will be fun to watch. Does it have the blind flying hood included or is that something you have to make?
:popcorn
James

It would be interesting in Irish markings, for certain... But then everything looks better after a little Irish... :popcorn

Great choice of subject. Looking forward to this build..... Hey, I wonder if would anybody be interested in a "Trainer Campaign"..... :hmmm

Ian

Hi James, yes it has the hood, 3rd last photo second item, vac formed, they give you two, which is good incase ( which I prolly will) screw up cutting it out.

Very interesting subject Phil . I like how you are over painting the silver and the yellow. :good:

I can tell there is more fun ahead :)

Cheers, Christian B)

Thanks Christian, the silver is Tamiya A/S 12 bare metal silver, it is an excellent base for the Gunze/Mr Hobby acrylics, no paint lift ever, plus good for wear/chipping later.

Green on
DSC_1103A.jpg~original

Blu tac off
DSC_1104A.jpg~original

DSC_1105A.jpg~original

masking tape off
DSC_1106A.jpg~original

DSC_1107A.jpg~original

on her feet, added brake lines
DSC_1111A.jpg~original

DSC_1113A.jpg~original

DSC_1114A.jpg~original

DSC_1115A.jpg~original

DSC_1116A.jpg~original

DSC_1117A.jpg~original

a bit of touch up painting then decals next.

Not something I say too often.... That looks so nice, I'm going to buy one. Thanks for the inspiration, matey.

Ian

Back