• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Miles Magister Trainer - Special Hobby 1/48

Certainly some long and spindly legs :blush:

Cheers, Christian B)

yes for sure, not sure if Special Hobby got the gear legs wrong, didn't take much notice until I pinned and glued them on.

Certainly some long and spindly legs :blush:

Cheers, Christian B)

yes for sure, not sure if Special Hobby got the gear legs wrong, didn't take much notice until I pinned and glued them on.

I'm not sure Phil . I have no good data to compare to. My first though when I saw it was that it sits at a rather steep angle compared to the horizontal. :hmmm

I wonder if the length of the strut that they made is not that of it being fully extended rather than compressed....Even though the chrome of the strut looks ok, they could have botched it somewhere else .

Cheers, Christian B)

Decided to remove the gear legs and shorten them a bit

DSC_1132gl.jpg~original

DSC_1133gl.jpg~original

yes I think so Bob, they supply a set of wheel spats much like the Ju87 ones, they are much shorter so made the legs the same height as those with wheels fitted.

It did look very odd siting that high in the nose.

http://www.airpowerworld.info/trainers/miles-magister-trainer-plane.htm

decals and flatcoat done, final construction next.

The supplied Special Hobby decals by "Dead Design" are lovely to work with, American Future under and over on a Testors gloss cote base, I broke one decal, the tiny "lift here" but got it lined up so you can't tell it's been fixed, was my fault not the decal.

I left the crimson spinner cap gloss.

DSC_1240fc.jpg~original

DSC_1243fc.jpg~original

DSC_1245fc2.jpg~original

DSC_1242fc.jpg~original

Thanks guys!

I've been going through lots of photo's on this one and they all appear quite well maintained and clean, so looks like a minimum weathering job on it.

Ian, you may go for more than one! I am thinking of another one as there are four really nice camo versions to choose from, plus a different tail/rudder and wheel spats.

One of the versions is an Aussie bird too!

You know when you build a kit, things are going well, you wonder where the screw up is in it - well if you do want to build this kit,, do extensive dry fit testing for the right position, and adjustments of the front windscreen before you throw paint on this one.

Nuff said, that's your clue to do a better job than me.

Here is the trainer all done.

DSC_1298A.jpg~original

DSC_1300a.jpg~original

DSC_1303a.jpg~original

DSC_1299a.jpg~original

DSC_1297a.jpg~original

DSC_1293A.jpg~original

DSC_1296a.jpg~original

DSC_1291A.jpg~original

DSC_1295A.jpg~original

DSC_1294A.jpg~original

DSC_1289a.jpg~original

I would do another of this kit now that I know the probs associated with it, the Aussie version with the wheel spats and different tail is tempting.

Very nice (y) (y) (y) I really like the blind flying hood . Really give the bird a different personality . :coolio

I bet that was a noisy proposition .

Cheers, Christian B)

Back