• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Mikoyan-Gurevich MiG-15

moon puppy

Administrator
Staff member
I'm in Comrade!

DSCF0287.JPG

DSCF0288.JPG

DSCF0301.JPG

Will start when I have some bench space cleared.

Go over all the parts. Even though I did it twice, do so again and make sure to let me know if I need to send something as it will then arrive before you start the kit. I am trying to find some other decals to give you a choice. No charge of course as I already put aside the decals I need for my Fagots & Mongols.

Regards,

Will do Saúl, thanks again. I have not opened the bag yet but will check closely this weekend.

Not a plane guy ( i hear a joke coming.....) but I do like the Mig 15. Are you going to do a metal finish?:hmmm

Of course NMF!! :eek:hyeah

This being 1:48 will give me pretty good practice on what I want to do on the big Mustang I got.

Saul I looked in the bag, everything looks to be there, there's so much stuff it's hard to tell but I think we're good to go. :pilot

Oh the pressure!!!

I surveyed the parts today, think I"m going with the KM(?? what is it Saul?) for the cockpit, not the Ares set.

NMF...that will be interesting to watch. Paint or tinfoil that is here the question.

Joe

AlcladII all the way..maybe some Bare Metal Foil could slip in but I have a Mustang on the bench that I want to do a flawless NMF on and this is just more practice.

Thanks for the vote of confidence Dusan...now that everyone is watching...hope I don't screw it up! :Hiay

Hi Bob, I think this should be interesting. Personally I would favor the Alclad but maybe Joe would demonstrate his foiling technique. That would be a good how to for posterity.

Cheers, Christian B)

Chris, I would love to if I knew how to do it. I never used Alclad nor did I play with any BMF. I was hoping for Master Bob to show us how to do it.

Joe

Bare Metal Foil is tedious. When I did it (on a re-scribed Monogram Fagot), I had several sheets of Bare Metal Foil and MicroScale metallic decal sheets. Each panel line was transfered onto the foil (I used Frisket paper to trace the panel lines.

The Frisket template was used to cut Bare Metal Foil slightly larger than needed. The paper backing was then removed from the foil and carefully added to the start panel line. Since removing the paper backing sometimes creased the corner, extra was always provided since all excess gets trimmed.

After getting the foil onto the first panel line, I worked from the center out to avoid wrinkling the foil. Go slow and with a light touch. Burnishing can come later. By using a light touch, there is still a chance to lift off the foil and re-arrange it without tearing it.

Once in place, burnish. Again, work form the center out until it is set. Trimming can be done.

Here is a trick to add. Scrub the foil gently with a scouring pad to add 'grain' and rotate the panel lines to add variety when using the same foil sheet on adjacent panels.

Regards & Good Luck!

Looks about right. Will tone down some when you weather the pit. Dont forget the white line on the instrument panel when you get there

1387884.jpg

James

http://www.militaryfactory.com/aircraft/detail.asp?aircraft_id=124

Interesting article. Also I have seen some pits painted a light grey. But the blue seems more predominant.

James

Back