• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Mikoyan-Gurevich MiG-15

That's a snappy paint job there Komrade! It will tone the shine down when you clear coat it, won't it?

I worked on it some last night, BOTH main gear were broke!!! I can't believe it... got them back in place but they seem not to be lined up right, she wants to tail sit now. she'll sit on her nose but if tippped, will stay on her tail.

Anywho...I got decals on, will work the panel lines later today and get the antennas installed. (home sick..but not that sick)

Really liking this. Always been a little nervious of doing an all metal plane. You are all over this! I wanna see more!

Bummer on the gear :pinch: One would have thought that Scale Aircraft Conversions would have made a set for it but it doesn't look like they do.

I worked on it some last night, BOTH main gear were broke!!! I can't believe it... got them back in place but they seem not to be lined up right, she wants to tail sit now. she'll sit on her nose but if tippped, will stay on her tail.

Anywho...I got decals on, will work the panel lines later today and get the antennas installed. (home sick..but not that sick)

If the CoG is that close then just flatten the wheels a tiny bit. She'll sit right then. Not too much though because these are high pressure tires.
James

The Gear broke or the glue seams came apart?

By the way, the MiG-15bis' tire pressure was 100psi.

Regards,

Gear broke. right at the point where they mate with the gear well. Both of them. Maybe too much pressure inserting them, it was a tight fit. Or too much handling. Maybe next time the gear will be the last thing installed. They are sured up with some brass rod so shouldn't be an issue anymore.

It didn't happen with my previous one which had more weight due to the Ciro MiG-15UTI conversion. I don't recall any issues with the gear. glad it is fixed, I'll be happy to send you a new set of legs if you need them though.

Regards,

Decals and wash over the panels are done. Got some more work to do for the wash up the tail plane.
mig321.jpg

mig322.jpg

mig323.jpg

mig324.jpg

Whacha think, did it tone down enough? I don't think I'll do any filters over it. I'm liking it as it is. If this was a more used and abused aircraft I think several layers of filters would be called for, but this little Fagot would be well maintained Son of Mother Russia.

Personally, I like it. Hope y'all do. :mpup

Okay stop showing off. Next thing you know you'll pull out the Wildcat and finish it and I'll still have a box full of parts.

Beaut work MP, I'm loving it. (y) (y)
James

Back