• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Mikoyan-Gurevich MiG-15

Mig302.JPG

Mig303.JPG

Mig304.JPG

My this went fast. OK the blue is probably too blue, too bright. not sure how I can knock it down now. Saul I know we talked about having the engine exposed but that just opens too many cans of worms for me. All those electrical and mechanical connections between the two would have to be there and I'm not really in the mood for that type of build.

Some how I missed this one, too far down the page I guess :unsure: I have the same kit in my stash so will be watching with interest. You are supposed to do the toning down before you put the fuselage together :woohoo: Seems open enough, just hit it with a sludge wash !

Not worries Gary, I just started this so you haven't missed much. I can wash it a little more down in there.

Looking good Bob. Blue is a bit too blue, but oh well. Too late now but the line on the instrument panel would have been good to add as it is quite noticeable. Looking forward to seeing how you do the nm
James

Yes to the gray wash, and note that the white vertical stripe is not the neatest. It is simply there to help the pilot gage vertical.

Regards,

As my buddy Rhino says "Maintain thy airspeed, lest the ground rise up and smite thee!" Looking good, making progress! (y)

Hey MP the Mig is coming along great! I think the office is looking great.

Terry (y)

KMC, I saw the Aires as not much more than the kit part with some PE thrown in. the KMC was much better looking IMHO. Not to mention it fit right in where it was suppose to go, just cut the pour slab off and you're good.

Do they make a F-86 cockpit?? :mpup

I got a little grey wash, and even some grey dry brushing over the blue, I think it toned it down nicely. I'll get the correct blue for the wheel wells.

Wheel wells are medium grey

fortin_mig-15_46.jpg

http://www.cybermodeler.com/aircraft/mig-15/mig-15_all.shtml#

James

Back