• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Mig 23

jknaus

Administrator
I guess I'll be the second to throw my hat in the ring. This is a Mig 23 G

DSC00220.JPG

DSC00221.JPG

DSC00219.JPG

With everything. Aires cockpit, Wheel wells, and exhaust, Linden Hill decals, and Zactoman intake slpitters, pylons, and weapons.
James

Okay got a bit done today. Got the wings pretty much together. Some fiddly parts left which I will do last. I think I'll glue the wings open. While they are geared the wing joint is a weak part and I dont want to be opening and closing them just to have it pop apart.

DSC00222.JPG

DSC00223.JPG

And cleaned the edge of the gear bays. Tried something different, (This site makes me just want to keep trying new things). I primed with Valejo Black then when dry dusted on Tamiya grey.This left dark shadows and I think it came out okay. The hard work is coming. Picking out all the detail and then weathering the bays.

DSC00229.JPG

Then the obligatory test fitting. Cool!!!

DSC00227.JPG

DSC00225.JPG

James

Hey that's looking good. The gear bays came out great! Do a pin wash and the details will really pop.

B)

Thanks everyone. Stillplugging away. I figure Imight get the wheel wells done in a few days. Hand keeps going numb painting the tiny stuff. Then I can do a wash and let it all merge together.

m23-2.jpg

m23-1.jpg

James

Little bit more done. Bogging down on engine now. Pics of it later.
Taped the fuse together to see what I can see.

DSC00245.JPG

DSC00247.JPG

The wheel wells should look better after the oil paint has dried and toned down.

James

Really nice work James, missed your previous update, I got to pay attention around here, Looks fine!

Thanks everyone, but I wasnt really satisfied with the results. So I did a complete wash this morning and dabbed it with a clean cloth as shown by Bob in the weathering class. Looked much better than the pin wash I had done in my eyes. Then when it was dry I dry brushed with a lightened shade of the base paint as per Bobs instructions in the weathering class and I think it looks much much better. Amazing what happens when you step outside the comfort zone and try something new.
Pics with and without flash.

DSC00251.JPG

DSC00252.JPG

James. Engine next.

Back