• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Mig 23

I'm not sure which scheme right now Paul. The one I want to do is a P model. But I dont think I am able to do the modifications. Am ordering some new decals and will see.
James

Have started the cockpit. Here is where I am so far.

DSC00299.JPG

DSC00303.JPG

James

Okay I grew a backbone and did some major conversion work. The top angle of theintakes is wrong, being too square and sharp. I asked about Zactoman maybe making some new intakes, but they are low on the priority list and its supposed to be easy anyways. Fair enough. I saw how to fix the problem, but wasnt confident in my abilities. Then another option became available ad seemed maybe easier. This week I cut up one of the intakes so I couldnt chicken out and today I did the deed. I think it looks half decent and the gentle bend looks right to muy eyes. So here are some pics and the outcome. Also I added Zactomans intake blades which look much better and dry fitted the intake splitter. Let me know what you think. The picture with the 2 intakes shows the unmodded side on the right and the modded side on the left.

DSC00315.JPG

DSC00316.JPG

DSC00320.JPG

DSC00322.JPG

DSC00318.JPG

James

Cool, James! Hot rodders say anyone can build one, but it takes a real man to cut one up! (y)

Way to go James . That sure looks like it is was vast improvement over the kit parts . (y) (y) (y)

Cheers, Christian B)

Okay dry fitted. Since then I have glued forward fuse on. I'm very annoyed because somehow the wheel well became canted a bit. I think you'll see it when the nose gear goes on. Nothing I can do without destroying the nose. Getting to the fiddly parts now. Cant wait to start painting. I'd show more, but the pics didnt come out.

Plane.jpg

James

I just saw that Trumpeter has scaled the MiG-23 down to 1/48th scale for August 2012 release in the US.

Regards,

Great progress James! :drinks
:popcorn

I have upload some of my Mig-23 photos in the gallery.
https://www.modelersalliance.com/gallery/thumbnails.php?album=588

All the best!
Dusan.

Bob, Soon I will add more photos in this gallery ;) , after overhaul this aircraft was returned to Iraq.

All the best!
Dusan.

Back