• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Mig 23

No no tripod. Okay before bed got the aft fuse together and have it loosley mated with the mid fuse plug. Have to finish the aft fuse and then join it and then I'll add the rudder etc. Tried another pic up the pipe. Looks okay. Funny you cant see the heat stressing I did to the aft rig just before the ven flaps in the pictures.

DSC00288.JPG

DSC00290.JPG

DSC00291.JPG

James

So much curiosity looking up that bird's rear...
MiG-23_afterburner_exhaust_airbrakes.jpg

Mig23-nosecone-in-explorer-1.JPG

Sometimes you need to buy the best reference possible but this is getting carried away...

Regards,

It is going to be well worth the wait to see what becomes of this bird. James you are an artiste.

So much curiosity looking up that bird's rear...
MiG-23_afterburner_exhaust_airbrakes.jpg

Mig23-nosecone-in-explorer-1.JPG

Sometimes you need to buy the best reference possible but this is getting carried away...

Regards,
Is this your personal collection of 1/1 scale birds in you living room Saul. :zen

Just for Bob. I taped the forward fuse on and took a pic so you could see the size.

DSC00292.JPG

[strike]Flew it[/strike] carried it upstairs and showed wife. She made rolling motion with eyes at the sound of me clearing my throat all the way up. Asked if wings could be open. Showed her yes and she says dont glue them, leave them operating. Then asks me why I dont build a Harrier..you know one of those planes that can take off like a helicopter. (I roll eyes after nearly going into shock). March downstairs and bring p a Gr.7 Harrier and ask "Like this"........Yeah, why not build that. Do go into shock.

James

Well got the speed brakes on and some quick boost scoops to replace the kit ones. Have to clean up the seam. Trying to decide what to do with the rudder. Try and mod to a P model or find new decals.

You wot believe this, but my wife has decided I need to get the Zotz decals for the Harrier and do a shark mouthed Op Telic bird. Saul should like that.
James

What? Only the 1/32 Harrier?

:)

just joking - great gift!

your Mig is coming along great James. I love the exhaust.

By the way, if you need some ref pics, I've collected tons of pics of almost all Russian jetties, just let me know if and what you need

Thanks Martin. I think I've found enough Mig 23 pics, but when I go to do my SU 24 I'll give you a shout. Appreciate it. And I think the exhaust came out half decent. It looks better in real life than it does in the pic. One day I'll learn to photograph my work better :)
James

Hey don't just blow that off James. My wife asked why the F-84 I just completed was really silvery. My answer... I painted with aluminum paint..."Well it sure is bright" she says. No eye rolling just a tacit recognition of our art....

Thanks Martin. I think I've found enough Mig 23 pics, but when I go to do my SU 24 I'll give you a shout. Appreciate it. And I think the exhaust came out half decent. It looks better in real life than it does in the pic. One day I'll learn to photograph my work better :)
James
I do believe that Mig is going to be really splendid. What scheme are you doing again?

Back