• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Mig 23

Okay been working on the engine some when time has been available. Quite an intricate flame holder on this and the Aires AB is something else. Finally got it together and now just waiting for some paint to try and weather the can so it looks used.

DSC00266.JPG

Also have to paint the metal pieces.Then I can protect the flame holders in the can and finish the engine off.
In the meantime cleaned up the forward fuse to take the Aires cockpit and nose wheel well. Looks like its going to take another week for the paint to arrive from Ontario. So might attempt the intakes tomorrow.Not sure If I'll do the full meal deal or not.
James

I like it so far... I can't wait for the scaled down MiGs to go into production.

Regards,

Okay been working on the engine some when time has been available. Quite an intricate flame holder on this and the Aires AB is something else. Finally got it together and now just waiting for some paint to try and weather the can so it looks used.

DSC00266.JPG

Also have to paint the metal pieces.Then I can protect the flame holders in the can and finish the engine off.
In the meantime cleaned up the forward fuse to take the Aires cockpit and nose wheel well. Looks like its going to take another week for the paint to arrive from Ontario. So might attempt the intakes tomorrow.Not sure If I'll do the full meal deal or not.
James

Man that is some work going on there James, Nice going!

What did you decide on the interior of the AB?

Thanks MP, Mike, and Saul. A buddy of mine in Calgary has offered to get me some floquil cement. Hew says he uses that. Will see when it arrives if that is going to work. Got the forward fuse ready for the Aires cockpit. Looking at the tail I am not sure I can build the "P" model I was going to. Have to think a bit.
James

Hi James, You have got a wonderful build going on here (y) (y)

Cool to see the difference when you redid the wheel wells. Paying attention in class really paid off for you!!

Randy

Okay a better shot of the flame holder.Its 3 rings supported by a PE ring with arms and resin supports. Was a beast to build,but looks sharp. Washed and primed the pit today. Then painted the seat grey and the cushions a medium green. Now to start detailing it. Expecting the blue green in a week or so to do the cockpit.

DSC00273.JPG

DSC00271.JPG

James

For the life of me I cant take a good picture.

DSC00281.JPG

Painted inside a lite coat of Humbrol Cement. Then using thee wash technique I dirtied it up just a bit. Dont know if I achieved a good result or not but I dont think it looks too too bad.

James

Hi James. Not sure how correct it looks but it sure looks nice to me .
This is something I have yet to try.

Cheers, Christian B)

Thanks guys. Chris I wish I could get a better pic. While each segment has some heavier weathering there is a lite wash on almost the whole liner and I think it looks okay. Still have to finish the VEN. Hope to mate this to the engine and bury it inn the aft fuse this weekend. Wish the paint would get here for the cockpit.
James

James, I have been intrigued in those for several years now. Very intricate to do. ( in my mind anyway ).

I hope it fits the airframe well as I have not read anything good about the fit of the F-4E engines.

Very complicated flame holder. Looks very nice.

Cheers, Christian B)

James, do you have a tripod? That helps the type of shot you're trying to get. The last pic you posted works. (y)

Back