• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Mi-25 Peruvian Air Force in 1/72 - completed!

Thanks Paul. Working on the painting now.
Actually I have found a decal set from Artscale (CZ) which caters exactly for Hinds in Latin America in 1/72. Got it in Aviationmegastore in the Netherlands. So expect new Pictures soon.

If I don't talk to you guys in the next few days I wish you all a happy easter!

Cheers

Alex

1607-10.jpg

I have to ask, is that double cannon on the starboard side the same one used on Migs and the Frogfoot?? Never seen a set up quite like that, don't they usually have a cannon underslung like on the Apache??

I have to ask, is that double cannon on the starboard side the same one used on Migs and the Frogfoot?? Never seen a set up quite like that, don't they usually have a cannon underslung like on the Apache??

The ГШ-30-2 (Gryazev-Shipunov) GSh-30-20 is the same gun as on the Sukhoi Su-25K with a flash hider instead of a muzzle brake. It is not used on MiGs but is related to the Gast principle of the 23mm cannon used by later versions of the MiG-21 and MiG-23 series.

Regards,

Last edited:
Hi guys.

Saul already answered and much better than I could. This particular variant of the Hind with the Gun ist the Mi-24P in Russia and Mi-35P in the exported Versions. Not movable 23mm turret underneath the nose, just the 30mm (although 2 pods of 23mm may be carried in the external pylons). Very interesting Version, apparently well-liked by the pilots for the precision of the hits.

This is the Progress so far, time to work on the MiG-29 while waiting for the decals to be delivered.

Stay safe and have a happy Easter everyone

Cheers

Alex
IMG_3616.jpg
IMG_3617.jpg
IMG_3618.jpg
IMG_3620.jpg
IMG_3621.jpg
IMG_3622.jpg
IMG_3623.jpg

Thank you very much guys. It is still very thick but I am working on that.

Eric I am pressed for time 😷 but I will answer your PM soon. That is a really good idea. Thanks for all your time and Input!🙏

No worries Alex! It only hobby and I quite certain you got bigger things on your plate right now. Whenever will be fine.
Stay safe Buddy 😎
🤟

Thanks Eric and Paul.

I am almost done with the Mi-25 and started working on the MiG-29. The decals from ArtScale are great, very thin and wonderful to apply. I am happy with the Overall result. Now just a tiny bit of weathering (those Peruvian birds are very well kept from the photos) and the Chopper is done.

This is the Progress so far:

IMG_3673.jpg
IMG_3674.jpg
View attachment
IMG_3676.jpg
IMG_3683.jpg
IMG_3682.jpg
IMG_3681.jpg
IMG_3680.jpg
IMG_3679.jpg

Cheers

Alex

Way cool. Those are really colourful birds. All that PE in that tiny scale also WOW. Looks good Doc.
James

Thank you very much James and Bob.

I love the work with 1/72 PE, that is for me very Relaxing... Could spend hours doing it.
The nose was a MF decal to apply. Blood, sweat and tears to get it right.

Have a nice Weekend.

Hi Friends,

After another Long pause (work + work + Building a house) I finally finished the Mi-25. The Mig-29 was a bust I will leave it for another Occasion.
I am off for another 10 days trying to get the move done. I will never, EVER build another house. So much Trouble!

In any case this is the completed build. Thanks again @errains for providing such insightful comments and thoughts, much appreciated.

Little Diorama, as usual.

Cheers

Alex

IMG_3889.jpg
IMG_3890.jpg
IMG_3891.jpg
IMG_3892.jpg
IMG_3893.jpg
IMG_3894.jpg
IMG_3895.jpg
IMG_3896.jpg
IMG_3897.jpg
IMG_3899.jpg
IMG_3900.jpg
IMG_3901.jpg
IMG_3902.jpg
IMG_3904.jpg
IMG_3905.jpg
IMG_3906.jpg
IMG_3898.jpg

Looks Great! :vgood:
I really like the way you setup your displays, they provide great context and size comparison. I do see improvement for sure and I feel your headed in the right direction.

Good luck with the move and enjoy that new house!
:victory:

Back