• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Merkava Mk. 4M Trophy (Meng)

Bummer. Now I'm not so sure I want to start mine. Glad I didn't buy the resin that's for sure.
James

No James the kit is great with the exception of the tracks. I think all the problems I had where self inflected by trying to “improve” details that did not need improving. It really is a great kit.
:v

Well, I'm glad you didn't just toss it away. Take your time getting back to it. Your other projects sound like excellent diversions from this model.

Do you tomorrow abysmally slow bud rate, I will not start this kit until late 2020 at best but I do intend to build it it is all my build list so if you haven’t gotten to it by then, maybe will have a code build over at Bob’s man cave or something like that

First off I probably wouldn't have soldered the barrel stuff. Too large a part. Brass work is a lot different than plastic and other things.

All I can bring forth is a story from years ago where I was building a Hasegawa 1/72 He-51B with floats. Had it assembled and sprayed the paint and wasn't happy with it.
At the time I used Easy-Off to remove paint and other things. It removed the paint all right and all the struts fell apart, and things came off.

In the box it went for a couple of years, then I pulled it out and went back at it. This time it went nice and smooth and turned out really nice. Took it to an IPMS regional and it won it's class.

Still have it and it is still one of my favorite builds. Take some time to get a new perspective and go back at it when you feel like it.

h9558fe8.jpg

The Merk is back on the bench!! (y)

Started adding all the little do-dads on the turret, put the kit basket together, I'll be covering that later with lead foil or some such and finished up the barrel.

h91ef056.jpg

h10081d3.jpg

Dosen't look like much... :huh: ...but work continues slowly but surely....Closing in on wrapping up the turret and started on the display base.

h4373bfc.jpg

h91d3bc2.jpg

Thanks Dudes :good:

For IronMike: The Base is made up of plan ol Styrofoam with Aves Clayshay for the ground cover. Clayshay is a paper maché like product but is a much finer mixture then celluclay. I also add a drop or two of wood glue and dishwashing soap.

Hey Eric,

I don't really like Militaria and tanks, but this build is really inspiring. I would even consider now venturing in this area. Congrats and Keep up the good work.

Alex

Dosen't look like much... :huh: ...but work continues slowly but surely....Closing in on wrapping up the turret and started on the display base.

h91d3bc2.jpg

Hey Eric, that is neat! Can you teach an old dawg (me) that new trick? (the base)

Back