• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Merkava Mk. 4M Trophy (Meng)

Very cool. Bummer bout the tracks. I found that if you pull the tracks apart the resin breaks. Then feed some wire from the inside to push the seated pin out. I've never seen that anti slip coating, where do you get it from? Whats the brand name? I have some fine silica from Micheals to try as well as Hull Tex System to try. Lucky the Merkava I am doing doesnt have anti slip. Watching with interest.
James

Hey Eric, you ain't (is too a word) the only one that has issues with Merkava tracks:

https://www.facebook.com/michael.mass.733/videos/2193905670861791/

It could always be worse...I'm telling you it's them stupid resin track pins :D

Would make a kool dio.... :hmmm

Its Back On the Bench! (y)
Hopefully get these MoFo....tacks installed. :bat

h74173d1.jpg

:v

Second day of track installation...

h4d8ab05.jpg

...and they are on and done...WooHoo!! :gogo

h695166e.jpg

hb8b7ed5.jpg

But to to add just one more twist...I'm three links short on each side. I broke about eight during this process. :angry:

Now onto more exciting stuff!
:v

Yes it gotz the Skirts/Kilt..;).. to hide the missing links. Just frustrating on top of all the other "Drama" I had with the tracks.
:bang head...but it done and over now

Yes it gotz the Skirts/Kilt..;).. to hide the missing links. Just frustrating on top of all the other "Drama" I had with the tracks.
:bang head...but it done and over now
I'd contact Meng and tell them your problems plus ask them for replacement links. You could work on other parts of the model whilst waiting for a reply and/or the replacement tracks. Unless you don't mind a gap in the track runs that gets hidden by the skirts.

Cheers

Back