• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Merkava Mk. 4M Trophy (Meng)

Pretty good progress this last week.... :dance

Scratch built the 200l external fuel barrel mount. One come in PE with the update set I'm use but I never learned how to work with that stuff very well. :blink So it was just easier for me to make it from styrene. After that I finished up the lower hull and the anti-slip on the upper hull.

h721796c.jpg

he7439de.jpg

h9da933e.jpg

:v

The work you are doing is just great!

IRON MIKE.....it's Skirts, because it's only Kilts if it's Scottish... and if it's not Scottish....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8yLa8rirQMI

Gosh, thanks ever so for clearing that up. Do they have malls in Europe? :coolio

Update from the past weeks worth of bench time. Got the upper hull mostly done with only a few details to addressed.

he3d1a30.jpg

he4260f1.jpg

ha6c30d8.jpg

Thanks for stopping in for a look see.

Update from the past weeks worth of bench time. Got the upper hull mostly done with only a few details to addressed.

he3d1a30.jpg

he4260f1.jpg

ha6c30d8.jpg

Thanks for stopping in for a look see.

Wow man, that is some great stuff! Is that anti-texture stuff hard to use/have any reaction to masking?

Begin Rant!! :bat

It's no secret that this build, for whatever reason, has been fighting me the entire time since I started...but enough is enough. :bang head

Today I sat down and figured I would take a break for rebuilding the main gun, which is going good, and start on the rear turret basket. I opted for the Meng AM resin basket which is covered. I cut the parts free and cleaned them up and started to test fit them....What the Fu....!!!! :vmad

Bottom of the basket has a bow of about 2.5mm and is to long to fit into the resin sides which by the way are a good 2mm to narrow to fit on the turret. I thought maybe the kit bottom would fit but no way. :bang head

I'm soooo over this kit as there is zero fun left in it. Sitting down to work on it is like going to the dentist for a root channel...which at this point sound like more fun. Therefore this kit/project is being moved to the Shelf-of-Shame (SoS). While this decision make me mad :angry: in itself, I still feel I can save this kit, just not any time soon or this year. I'll now focus on my "In Another World" build and my "Workhorse" project. Thanks for following along.

:salute :v

Well, that sucks. I had the same issue with the AFV club YPR turret stowage racks. In the end, I tossed all the kit parts and scratch-built my own. So, in the end, it worked out, but I was not a happy camper during the fix... :fencing

It was the barrel soldiering that started this down hill slide wasn't it?? :blush: :blush:

No...No...Not all. It was going bad way before the barrel and PE fiasco. I was trying my darndest to work through it. Just after dealing with the ill fitting AM turret basket was the last straw. :(

Back