• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

MENG T-90A

I bought this for myself during the holidays and decided that rather than let it languish in the stash, I should just build the damn thing since it ain't gonna build itself.

Start up pic:

T90001_zpsd276af2d.jpg

Build away and I'll follow with interest. Maybe it will make me pick mine up again.
James :popcorn

See my response in your thread. Mine were inside the lower hull but I see that you have the hull assembled so... :idonno

Got the lower hull done:

T90hull001_zpsd10c0e1c.jpg

Next to it, you can see the spot where I dumped and almost-full bottle of Tenax a little while ago :bang head

I also cut off and cleaned the road wheels with the intention of priming them until I discovered that my can of black primer has been in the garage this whole time. Yeah, gonna have to let that sit until tomorrow and come up to something above 12 degrees...

What's kinda funny about that is I dumped a bottle a few years ago on one of those expensive Hobbyco mats and it completely ate through the green covering. Just melted it.

I've dumped Tenax on this el-cheapo sewing mat from Hobby Lobby twice and all it did was take the paint off.

It sure makes a mess. Almost as bad is coming back to the bench after working all week to find you've left the cap off. :S

I was bored last night so I decided to go ahead and build the engine for this thing. I thought there were no instructions on what color to paint it and knowing that it would never be seen, I decided to grab some Chevrolet engine red, Alclad II chrome and a couple other colors and go all DETROIT MUSCLE :D :

engine001_zps3ce1a7f0.jpg

engine002_zps714d7e0b.jpg

Oh yeah, I also painted the road wheels:

engine003_zpse4bfbfb4.jpg

Back