• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Meng Jeep with blackdog SAS set

Did I mention I'm going to try and finish this before end of year?

Added the ditching gear, wired on the side and beaten up a bit.
1608679779602.png

Now I'm trying to figure out how to attach these spare wheels on the back where the jerry can would have gone. Thinking of just adding like a flange over the center lug pattern and let your imagination wonder how it's attached to the jeep.

1608679909260.png

Yep, I got the tail lights painted... :soldier

From what I have seen, the same mount as used on the right side held the left hand spare. The third spare was often strapped to the other two. often centred above the hitch.

Cheers,
Rich

Thanks Rich, I'll dig around and see if I have another of those mounts. Makes sense strapped between the two but I think I'm committed to the double up approach here.
What have you working on now you finished with Smack?

Thanks Rich, I'll dig around and see if I have another of those mounts. Makes sense strapped between the two but I think I'm committed to the double up approach here.
What have you working on now you finished with Smack?
Trying to finish up some of the projects started during our continuing work from home period. Doing some light weathering on a 1/48 A6M 12-shi Zero prototype tonight. A 1/48 RAF SEA Thunderbolt is next in-line for weathering and little 1/35 Simca 5/French Resistance dio ground work and figures.

Rich

Trying to finish up some of the projects started during our continuing work from home period. Doing some light weathering on a 1/48 A6M 12-shi Zero prototype tonight. A 1/48 RAF SEA Thunderbolt is next in-line for weathering and little 1/35 Simca 5/French Resistance dio ground work and figures.

Rich
Are we sharing??? :vgood:

I didn't take any WIP pics of the Zero it went together so quickly. I do have some of the Thunderbolt. I'll try to get some photos of the Simca mock-up for a teaser tomorrow.

Rich

No rush Paddy, I'm off work and there's sadly no family functions going on so I have plenty of time.

Well much like would have happened in the field. I pulled some parts off another jeep to get the other tire mount.

1608859655512.png

Now I'm debating, would it be plausible that one spare tire would be strapped on top of the jerry cans on the hood or is that just too much? Asking that while looking at the giant location holes I didn't plug up on the side. :bang head

They didn't carry the spare and gas cans on the hood in the desert as it could interfere with gun. In NWE some jeeps did have the spare on the hood as there were racks built for the back of the jeep for all their "stuff". Here's a side view of a jeep with the third spare strapped/tied on. Adding a tarp draped over or bedrolls against the tires could conceal any "creative" routing.

SAS.png

It doesn't look like they filled all the holes for things they removed.

I have this conversion for a 1/24 LRDG jeep (no gas cans on the hood & lighter armament) and they had some heavy tow ropes that could be used to secure the other spare.

LRDG.jpg

Lots of time to get this done. There's nothing really important happening in the next week is there?

Rich

really look good, Bob. I particularly like the twin Lewis MG's, and the rope 'round the rear tire

There's nothing really important happening in the next week is there?
God I hope not!! Hasn't 2020 given us enough? :bang head

Thanks Rich, I wish I did have some twin Lewis guns, maybe I'll put an order in for some and add it a later date. I think I'm going to wrap up that last tire and find something to mount this on.

Wow has it really been nearly 6 months? Yeah I guess so. Way too may distractions but today I got motivated and since I had some mud whpped up for the Jap Tank I figured get this one done also.

So a sea of sand
1621819680521.png

1621819696341.png

Added some stones so it doesn't look exactly like the sand down in the South Pacific.

1621819793677.png

And since I got so much room on on the base figure I should had some...guys.

1621819841209.png

These are a couple of the guys from Masterbox MB3594 Allied Forces North Africa. These are the guys that should be going with Lullubelle and Joe Gun but since that's been on long delay they will be split up.
Hope I can get these guys painted before the show on the 19th. Would love to take this!
:soldier

Back