• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

1/48th scale SAS Willies Jeep

centaur567

20240303_064724.jpg
20240303_064754.jpg

Don't know if I'l.p. get it done, but I'l.p. give it my best shot. I've had this kit for a very long time.
Gary S.

How many of these cool, old 1/48 Bandai kits do have in your stash? They are excellent, indeed!
:victory:
Without looking, I have 2 Panzer IV's a D and an H, a Panther and a Nashorn, which I want to convert to a Hummel. Thanks, Gary S.

2015-09-08_125419.png
Colonel-David-Stirling-with-SAS-jeeps.gif
images.jpg
imagesCOLOR.jpg
sas-real.jpg

Some of my detail pics. I'm thinking of painting all underside and engine compartment OD and showing the OD wear under the sand color.
These guy's look lit some really tough mothers. Gary S.

Has anyone seen the Rouge Warriors? Of course hollywood liberties are taken but it's still interesting.

20240310_094052.jpg
20240310_094208.jpg

The kit included a trailer so l decided to incorporate it in and make a mortar pit out of it.
Don't know if this was ever done, but whose to say it never happened. After all these guys were warriors and were capable of doing crazy things.
The figures are GI's that came with the kit. They had to be carved into short sleeves and shorts with arms and heads repositioned. I included an extra 50 cal. because I only had 1 Vickers gun when 2 were needed. The "sheik" head dress still needs to be added. I made a Silicon mold to made some more Jerry cans and another spare tire. So far so good. Gary S.

Back