• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Meng 1/32 scale Messerschmitt Me 163B in-progress

Thanks again guys! :D

Chuck,
You would REALLY like this kit its got nice detail SFTB, hope you decide to build one of these because I would like to see what you could do with it.

Here are more in-progress pictures, I did some work with oil paints around the access hatches to highlight them and also added subtle paint chipping on the fuselage mostly around the cockpit where the pilot would enter and exit the aircraft.

h1bc3792.JPG

he1f62fd.JPG

h4a31933.JPG

hebe3696.JPG

Next up for the Me 163 is to add the small bits, paint them, and give the model another coat of Future before giving it a semi-gloss clear coat.

Matrixone

Thank you Luiz,
This model is about done with the weathering effects, most operational Me 163's were very well cared for and did not get too weathered, only the landing skid and tail wheel would get dirty at times.

Matrixone

Thank you Ian and Sherman,
Almost all the small (breakable) bits are now on the airframe and need painting, and in the in-progress pictures you can see the wheel hubs and landing skid have been painted and some weathering applied. The tail wheel strut has been assembled and when its dry will get its weathering too.

hec166d7.JPG

h95ff19c.JPG

Matrixone

Than you Bob.

Not much done on the Me 163 today, I want to hold off on airbrushing the antenna, pitot tube, and the small propeller for the electric generator until the Bf 109's are also ready for more of their airbrush work.

Matrixone

Thank you Luiz and Dusan,

The landing skid did not look beat up enough and the wheel hubs did not look dirty enough for my taste so I did more weathering on them.
Also the take-off dolly axle was weathered too by adding a buch of paint chipping and scrapes.

hbfbd503.JPG

hc0e08a6.JPG

Matrixone

Damn thats nice bet it looks great with the plane. The weathering with the very clean plane will make a good contrast.

Back