• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

MacRobertson Air Race Line up

The "Tape trick" works to add beaches to the interesting bits of resin that are sometimes called Islands or sandbars here.

At the de Havilland museum you would have been only half an hour from the Shuttleworth collection......who have a real flying DH88

England is so small its hard to be far away from anything :)

Sorry, thought I got better pictures but the fuselage to wing root fit is just off the hook.
1706488113571.png

Try this type of dry fit on your next resin kit.

1706488153235.png

I got to get my dual build game up to speed and get the second kit this far along. Crazy getting my head in here. Spent 15 minutes looking for the rear bulkhead only to find it already installed on the fuselage half. :rotf

Hey it's a pair of 88s! or is it 4 8s? No Pair of 88s.

1706993161169.png

Had the back seat IP pop out when I got everything put together on one of them. Spent 30 minutes last night trying to muscle it in and it wouldn't go. Got back at it this afternoon and it took 2 seconds. :rotf

I gotta get the GEE BEE up to speed now.

Can you imagine flying to the other side of the world in this thing?
1707008725644.png

Details are crisp but perhaps not as abundant as the DH88s, very basic cockpit and it looks like the provisioned for more details around the throttle quadrant or i'm missing some parts. The engine will be detailed enough under the cowl, no sir Eric, I'm not opening cowls on this. I'm inspired by the photo, not copying it.

Here at Barmy 'Pup's Vintage Racing Airplane Factory, we are slashing prices right to the finish line!
Don't walk, use full throttle to to arrive in time to get your take-off clearance for these MacRobertson Racing beauties!
Be the first to arrive in Melbourne and get your box of loverly chockies!
Wuht. All these are sold? Bugger All, Mate!

I look at your DH.88's sans nacelles and............:hmm:
Are we all thinking Me-262 jet engines?
Batman's airplane?
I was.

Wings and tail plane fixed.
1707520533677.png

I gotta get in there and clean up around the root and back of the firewall. Landing pants and engine are just dry fitted. There's a lot more clean up to do than you would on a Tamiya kit but for a resin kit this thing sure is fitting snug!

1707688808810.png

I know it looks like the last photo but this is glued together. Got some details behind the engine to build up but shouldn't take long. So then we'll start priming the GEE Bee. I got to get the Comets up to speed so I can prime all 3 at the same time.

My Mr Surfacer 500 is done for.
1709901539481.png

1709901571955.png

Still working on those pesky spine seams. I have some Archer transfers for panels and inspection ports that I used on my previous Comets for the fuel ports. I'll add them as soon as I get the seams hidden.

Back