• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

M48A3 update! NEW PICTURES!!!!!!

grunt26

Hi all,
Here's the current state of my M48A3 project! Got some paint on it, got the tracks built, painted, & installed. Tank is filtered/washed/drybrushed. Still need to install the Xenon light, and then the stowage and major weathering will start! (Yes, I only painted the chevrons on the tracks, since its going to be kinda muddy, and those are most of what will show!)
Thanks for looking and any comments.

Part5-1.jpg

Part5-2.jpg

Part5-22.jpg

ontossuspension1008.jpg

ontossuspension1007.jpg

ontossuspension1006.jpg

ontossuspension1005.jpg

ontossuspension1004.jpg

Rod

I like the progress so far. How much extra stowage will you put on the tank? I really need to get an M48. I can't wait to see it finished.

kaleu wrote:
I like the progress so far. How much extra stowage will you put on the tank? I really need to get an M48. I can't wait to see it finished.

Thanks very much, Kaleu!
I'll be stuffing the turret bustle with all kinds of gear, and covering it with a tarp to match photos. Then there's the half-dozen fuel & water 5 gallon cans, and a few cases of C-rations.
This beast is going to be finished as tank "A 51", in Hue City, Vietnam, and is scheduled for a diorama with Marines moving up right behind it.

Thanks!
Rod

Considering its age, that old Tamiya kit is still pretty good (or is it somebody elses kit?) I remember doing one to be like a photo in the book 'Vietnam Tracks' (Simon Dunstan?)

The tank had '52 Tons of Pure Death' hand written across the glacis plate.

Yours is looking great, makes me want to do another one......

iowabrit wrote:
Considering its age, that old Tamiya kit is still pretty good (or is it somebody elses kit?) I remember doing one to be like a photo in the book 'Vietnam Tracks' (Simon Dunstan?)

The tank had '52 Tons of Pure Death' hand written across the glacis plate.

Yours is looking great, makes me want to do another one......

Thanks, Iowabrit!
Yes, its the old Tamiya kit, just with a bunch of work. I lowered the suspension, used Acadmy's M60 roadwheels with the black vinyl "tires", corrected the turret height, corrected the nose, added some scratchbuilt parts, casting numbers, an Eduard PE set, textured the entire hull & turret, and added a set of AFV Club link to link tracks.

I remember that tank in Vietnam Tracks with 52 tons of Pure Death across the nose. May be another project one of these days!
Thanks again,
Rod

Back