• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

M3A1 Scout Car-Tamiya 1:35th

errains

Heavy Metal Modeling
Staff member
Whats up Dudes!
So this is the subject of my first up coming full building and painting video. This kit was a dream to build as the engineering and fit are just outstanding and them figures are awesome for injection molded. Add a little stowage and camo net for some interest. Now it time to start painting it up.

M3A1-001.jpg

M3A1-002.jpg

M3A1-003.jpg

M3A1-004.jpg

I'll be posting more updates as the progress through the painting and weathering, so check back often.
Thanks for stopping in!
:victory:

Video editing is well under way for the first half. Bit of a learning curve so slow going for now. Still fun though and can't wait to get started on the video build project.

1596925726547.png

:victory:

It’s called PowerDirector. It’s easy to get started in the basics but a bit complicated the deeper you go.

Will that was fun...as in NOT! Just spent the last 30mins striping off all the priming I did on Sunday after discovering that some corners can't be cut...such a dumb Azz rookie mistake. :bash: :smack: :bang head ...If we had an emoji of getting kicked in the junk I'd would have used it.

In a nut shell I thought I just use Mission Model Paints as a primer by themselves with out using a primer...mmmm...No. Paint started to lift off when I was just checking the finish of the paint tonight. Thank god for Windex. After a 10min soak the paint just slid of the parts. I'll properly prime them tomorrow.

M3A1-005.jpg

:facepalm:

Wait..what? Mission model primer needs a primer? Yeah I'm sticking with Tamiya, Vallejo...MM...and all the other stuff.

Don't worry Bud, it's just a flesh wound. :fencing:

No the primer do not need a primer...I just din't use any primer and shot just the paint. Though I was a little surprised at how easy the paint just lifted off the plastic, something to keep in mind.

That is kinda crazy. I don't always use primer, in fact frequently I only use primer when I'm ready for final exterior paint. I seldom have adhesion issues w/ the Testors or Tamiya paint I use (provided I washed the parts to clean off the mold release). It definitely goes down a bit easier w/ it, but I don't find it to be a do or die step w/ those paints...unless dealing w/ white, yellow, or red. But even then it's not an adhesion issue as much as it is an issue of getting a uniform coat down.

Back