• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Logistics, trucks & Jeeps Completed January 19, 2021

Always great to see your progress on this Bob! Most of these carts and wagons alone would be full projects. This dio is loaded with them. Each vehicle in it's own right is a full project, no wonder it has taken so long.

Seargent OUTSTANDING.jpg

Always great to see your progress on this Bob! Most of these carts and wagons alone would be full projects. This dio is loaded with them. Each vehicle in it's own right is a full project, no wonder it has taken so long.

View attachment 132383
Hey Paul,

I built Legacies in a couple of years. This has taken so long for two reasons. The amount of work in this is not even comparable to Legacies. And, the fact that I am almost 80 years old has something to do with it.:silly:The most time consuming of any of these models is always the base and buildings. The next most time consuming are the figures, all 450 of them. I know modelers in the figure world that spend a full year on one 54mm figure.

Thanks Buddy!

Bob

Last edited:
Wow, what amazing work here! I love all those carts and wagons! Man, I wish I could get all that in my scale!
Thanks Mark,

You know, I saw your collection in Chattanooga. You underestimate yourself! Wagons like that are easy as can be to scratch. No, I didn't scratch those, (Why should I when they are available), but, It wouldn't have been much more difficult. Find yourself some 1/72 scale horses, a couple or even one seated figure and you're in business! You have the talent! just do it! There is all the reference you need to scratch wagons on the Internet. I have never understood why modelers are so intimidated by scratch building. Once you have done it, you will scratch your head and say to yourself, "Why did I wait so long to try that"?

I started this project so long ago, there are 12 vehicles I have scratched that have since been produced in plastic or resin. No matter, I can't wait to finish a model that isn't available because I'm afraid it will be produced some day!

I came from the age when there were a few tanks available. That was it! I built my first Super diorama in the 1970s and most of it was either scratched or converted. 1/35th scale back in the 1970s probably had less kits in 1/35th scale than you have in 1/72nd scale today. Challenges increase skills! Go for it Buddy! I have complete faith in you!

Bob

You can!!! When your eyes go bad and your fingers no longer can handle 1/144... or 1/72... or even 1/48!
Hey Barney,

You got that right! If it was not for Optivisors, I wouldn't have been able to model for the last 20 years. Those amazing magnifiers can keep you going until you go bye bye!!!! The fingers? After the chemo treatments I thought I would never be able to feel the parts anymore. The best advice ever is, " Persistence and determination are omnipotent!". All else is irrevalent.

Hang in there all you old dudes like me! :)

Bob

Finally! This post will close out the second thread of Logistics. It has featured the builds of 41 of the total 53 vehicles in the diorama. That included every thing that rolls except the 8 armored tanks and the rolling stock, Trolley, locomotive and K-5 rail gun!

Starting off, here are the three horse drawn carts.

old couple 2.JPG

Another angle.

Old couple.JPG

Next, the cart being driven by a Catholic Nun.

Nun driving.JPG

Ditto

Nun driving 2.JPG

Another angle.

Nun driving 3.JPG

One more

Nun driving 4.JPG

Here are all the carts, etc., and the associated refugees that go with them.

All 2.JPG

Again, the last post of this category.

all 3.JPG

Finally all the 25 refugees associated with carts, large and small. The 5 horses, 1 donkey and 1 dog. There are also another three carts, a Baby Buggy and five bicycles shown in the previous post. This wraps up the entire 41 softskins and related figures in the Jeeps and Trucks thread. Two down, three to go!

Thanks for looking,

Bob

Last edited:
Finally! This post will close out the second thread of Logistics. It has featured the builds of 41 of the total 53 vehicles in the diorama. That included every thing that rolls except the 8 armored tanks and the rolling stock, Trolley, locomotive and K-5 rail gun!

Starting off, here are the three horse drawn carts.

View attachment 132577

Another angle.

View attachment 132578

Next, the cart being driven by a Catholic Nun.

View attachment 132579

Ditto

View attachment 132580

Another angle.

View attachment 132581

One more

View attachment 132582

Here are all the carts, etc., and the associated refugees that go with them.

View attachment 132583

Again, the last post of this category.

View attachment 132584

Finally all the 25 refugees associated with carts, large and small. The 5 horses, 1 donkey and 1 dig. There are also another three carts a Baby Buggy and five bicycles shown in the previous post. This wraps up the entire 41 softskins and related figures in the Jeeps and Trucks thread. Two down, three to go!

Thanks for looking,

Bob
Bloooooooody ELL!!!!!

Thanks Dave!

Working frantically on Forum number three. Possibly another two to three months, then finelly, finish off the figures. Then comes the fun part. Putting the entire thing together!

Bob

Last edited:
I come to a place when I look your builds over when I think to myself "DAMM! Wait, It's Bob. He does that."
I do not wish you to think that I would ever consider your skills, talents or devotion to the telling of the story as a whole commonplace. Excellence is NEVER commonplace! You must be deeply committed to "The Story" to make such works! Or "Play" as the case may be!
Absolutely Outstanding, Sir!

Back