• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Logistics, The Rolling Stock Completed April 18th, 2020

Logistics, The Rolling Stock Update April 5, 2018

Wow! That locomotive looks awesome, especially the cabin.

Cheers,
James

Some great attention to detail Bob. Like Christian, I especially love your work in the cabin!

The last time I saw that engine it was a bare canvas. Nice to see some paint getting on it.

Thanks Paul,

It's one of those model that the more I do to it, the more I see is left to do! It's far from being finished!

Bob

Just an awesome machine Bob and your weathering is amazing (y)

Thank you for explaining the process

Now lets see if some of that can be translated to a night fighter paint job .

Cheers, Christian B)

Just an awesome machine Bob and your weathering is amazing (y)

Thank you for explaining the process

Now lets see if some of that can be translated to a night fighter paint job .

Cheers, Christian B)

Thanks Christian,

I would love to do an airplane!!!~ Those 1/32nd B-17s and the upcoming B-24s are calling to me, but I can't until I finish this!

Bob

I don't claim to be an expert...or even knowledgeable...in dioramas or even WWII vehicles...but Poppy's figures and tanks look even better in person. Photos don't do them justice. :Hiay Just sayin....

I don't claim to be an expert...or even knowledgeable...in dioramas or even WWII vehicles...but Poppy's figures and tanks look even better in person. Photos don't do them justice. :Hiay Just sayin....

Thanks Gail,

I'm pretty sure most people's models and dioramas look better in person than in photographs!

Pop

Camera pictures only have one focus point where the eye can adjust focus points the whole time

Camera pictures only have one focus point where the eye can adjust focus points the whole time

Sounds about right to me Dave!

Got almost all the PE and other parts on and it is ready for the final painting and weathering. I used a lot of PE, but it is mostly Eduard and it doesn't contrast as well as brass PE. Anyway, next step is finishing it. That shouldn't take long at all!

I made some changes. There were 7,800 of these made and not on an assembly line. Each was a kind of one off. Therefore they were all different in anywhere from minor differences to major ones. When I originally bought it, I intended to paint the running gear red, however, after a lot of research, I have learned the BR-52s as well as all other marks, did not have the red undercarriage during the war years! A pity as I think that could have added some color to the diorama.

Here's where it's at now!

gg~12.JPG

0000~15.JPG

0000000~0.JPG

000000~4.JPG

00000~12.JPG

00~19.JPG

ggggg~6.JPG

ggg~9.JPG

Thanks for looking in!

Bob

Logistics, The Rolling Stock Update April 22, 2018

Super inspiring stuff Bob :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy

Imagine a locomotive repair shop diorama somewhere in France or Germany WW2.

How cool would that look, with a few locos of different kind at various stages of repairs, plus some carriages, plus machinery and a lot of figures and 100 tons of details?

Plus a section showing some office space, some trucks delivering stuff, adjacent buildings, some trees, a stone bridge close by, snow and ice outside, endless possibilities, really :D

hb16f7b2.JPG

I have the Bismarck to finish first though :rotf

Laurence

That deep weathering, really just sets it off. Looks great! :popcorn

How sensational is that? Oh wow! I love it!

Thanks Duke!

Bob

Super inspiring stuff Bob :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy

Imagine a locomotive repair shop diorama somewhere in France or Germany WW2.

How cool would that look, with a few locos of different kind at various stages of repairs, plus some carriages, plus machinery and a lot of figures and 100 tons of details?

Plus a section showing some office space, some trucks delivering stuff, adjacent buildings, some trees, a stone bridge close by, snow and ice outside, endless possibilities, really :D

hb16f7b2.JPG

I have the Bismarck to finish first though :rotf

Laurence

Damn, You almost got me :Laurence!

When I saw that photo, my mind began to work out the details! I love the idea! It would be awesome!!!

But then, reality set in. Who's to do it? Not me I'm afraid. That's a job for some younger dude like Laurence Maftei!

I'm just hoping I can finish this one. Then, if I manage that, I have three more waiting in the wings. I already have all the kits and accessories. The 1/35th Dora is a diorama in itself, especially with scratched gantry cranes assembling the monster. Then the Pacific beach battle scene I promised Dave Harper before he passed away. And, lastly, a 1/32nd scale wild west town, A Tombstone or a Dodge City with a main street, train station, The "General" locomotive and passenger cars, Bars, Hotels, General stores, Sheriff's office, a gunfight in the middle of the street, stagecoaches, and so on.

Sigh, so many models, so little time! :)

When I laid out the museum, I kept places open to fit those three in and even then, it will be as packed as a sardine can!

It was a nice dream, but, you go ahead and start gathering the locomotive kits and figures. Pruneau and i are getting up there and I'd love to see somebody pick up the mantle of the super dioramas. You've got everything you need Buddy. Go for it!

Bob

That deep weathering, really just sets it off. Looks great! :popcorn

Thanks son,

I gotta tell you, when I was doing it, I had no idea what I was doing. I started experimenting, and the next thing I knew, I sat back and looked at it, and it was like, "Damn, did I do that"?

Sometimes things work out when you have no idea what you're doing!

Dad

Looking Fine Bob :good: ... anxious to see the final rsults!

Luiz.

Well, Dave you must still have young eyes. That capability starts going away at about forty, and by the time you are in your 70's it's gone and you have trifocals! F-40 and 8 seconds is how I see the whole thing clearly!

Back