• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

The Duke Completes Six Armor in November

Duke Maddog

During the two weeks leading up to and including Thanksgiving, I snatched every opportunity to go work in my Hobby Room. The result was two finished aircraft and these six armor/vehicle models

First up, for a little splash of color, is this ancient PST 1/72 scale Russian PMZ-2 fire truck:

full

full

full

Next are two Russian heavy tracked guns from ACE. They are missing a couple parts each but until I can find or replicate them; I'm calling them done. No need to keep them on the shelf of doom waiting for one or two parts when they look complete enough.

This is the ACE 1/72 scale Russian Br-2 152mm Heavy Tracked Gun. The tracks are not glued into place so they shifted a bit as I was taking these pics. Also, I had to come up with a new aiming scope since the one tweezer-pulted off into Oblivion, so I scratched a new one. Until the other shows up, it's gonna keep that one:

full

full

full

The next is the ACE 1/72 scale Russian Br-5 280mm Heavy Tracked Gun. A couple pieces missing again, but it looks done so it is done... for now:

full

full

full

In keeping with the Russian theme, I decided to bring this shelf queen over the finish line instead of waiting for the parts for the SCUD C to come or be found. This is the Modelcollect 1/72 scale Russian SCUD D:

full

full

full

The next finished model is the ACE 1/72 scale Israeli Centurion Sho't Kal Gimel, one of four Israeli Centurion variants put out by ACE:

full

full

full

And finally, this last one is number six for the month; but number 890 in my entire armor/vehicle collection. This is the Takom 1/72 scale M1070 Gun Truck looking like she just came back from a long convoy protection mission:

full

full

full

And that is all I have for today. I know some of these are not finished, but they are done. I have to find a place where enough is enough and I can move on.

Thank you all for looking in, comments are welcome.

Back