• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Latest Acquisitions Revisited!

I agree, can't have too many Cobras! Bob, that tractor trailer/dozer combo is about 15 inches long. I know, I built one. It is a great kit that goes together very well. Centaur, yours will look so much better with that additional photo-etch!

Picked this up at nationals....

s-l1600.jpg
s-l1600 (1).jpg
s-l1600 (2).jpg
s-l1600 (3).jpg

This just showed up yesterday from overseas, it was crushed flat as a pancake on one side but miraculously I only found minor damage to some spruce runners but all parts look sound.

DE31AA2E-9D4E-4D39-8416-FFD0F2DC06CD.jpeg
921E1BFE-18C1-40B1-9223-112F045D79AC.jpeg

This showed up too, leafed through it for about ten minutes just to get a feel before diving in and what a great book.

EBEB0BAE-ECBD-4B54-980A-39881294A830.jpeg

Yeah I really dig the Casemate Illustrated series...the 114 is out of your normal builds- looking forward to seeing your work on it...

It was the box art that reeled me in, I have an idea for an early ARVN vehicle and a Bravo 6 dog in a scene that may highlight the general feelings towards these to those who know.

I do have a propensity for Vietnam subjects and it will fill a gap in amongst the rest of my unfinished projects.

CE139DA2-417C-4909-8515-893E1A5CA817.jpeg

169A1628-BEBB-43C3-B93A-9A3A91FA8242.jpeg
2D26D8C6-2700-4D82-BB54-77582CC02F07.jpeg
61F4B8B3-2D4D-47F8-968F-57DAA8F083DA.jpeg

IMG_0135.jpg

Picked this up in a nice model shop in Staunton, VA after visiting with my son and his family in Richmond (in their new 6 bedroom 2.5 bath house on a lake!)(I hate my son :p:) Brings back lots of memories.

Reactions: Mo_
Bananas! Bananas!

View attachment 152751

Arrived from across the pond on Friday.

Cheers,
Rich
Awesome! I want to get a Buc one day. I'll need to find decals first, because if I can't find the decals I need/want then the significance of the kit drops a fair bit for me. I've got a sticker of 208 Sqn from back when they were flying the Buc before they were restructured as a training squadron.

I guess there's something very Royal Navy like with the Bananas thing.
The development program was named the Blackburn Advanced Naval Aircraft, BANA, thus becoming the "Banana Jet". IIRC, "Bananas, Bananas" was often used as the target acquisition call.

Cheers,
Rich

HAPPY HAPPY JOY JOY :yipee::yipee:

I just got my Infinity Models 1/32 DH-100 Vampire F Mk.3 in the mail today. So excited as this was what I consider to be my first aircraft I did something maintenancy on. When in the Royal Canadian Air Cadets we worked the Airshow in London Ont a number of years ago. The Vampire was there and when it came time for an air display the pilot started her up and had a wet start. He got out and had a few of us air cadets push the tail down to drain the fuel from the pipe. After it drained we set her down and he started again and did his show. I've been smitten ever since. I have a vac form Vampire but have never had luck with that medium and so never started it.
This is a new kit out along with a Mk.5. I have to do this though because its Canadian markings and a cool nose art. Saul should love it. The aircraft is from 442 Sqn. That was the sqn beside mine in Comox BC. I managed to get an Eyes Course there so I could assist in searches and 442 Sqn is now a Search and Rescue Sqn. Got my Eyes qual on the Voyageur and the Buffalo.

1661214364168.png
1661214375192.png

James

Back