• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Latest Acquisitions Revisited!

It wasnt so bad after the morphine and better after the second shot of morphine. But 12 hours in Emergency along with a X Ray and a Cat scan sucked. Then the hospital breakfast. Brought to me at 0900 and put aside while I waited for the cat scan and then given to me at 1130. 3 pieces of cold limp dry toast, one small poached egg served cold, and some dry cheerios. I'm not sure if they gave me tea or coffee but one sip was one sip to much. Bitter and cold. Now a week off to try and get these evil little buggers out of me and I have to go to the hospital to get med records for work so I can be paid. At least I am able to cut down on the T-3s for pain so that is good. Supposed to be T-4s but cant get them at the moment.
Sigh. Whinging doesnt help much.
James
Hang in there James, you'll knock'em out!

Picked the 2x 1:6 bikes up for £140 at an auction. Both brand new, the suzuki is not worth a lot but the Honda maybe £250
Down side is these are very early Tamiya so prob not the spec we expect today

s-l1600 (1).jpg
s-l1600 (2).jpg

The car was £90 so only about £30 off full retail but again its new and an early model. I am told this is a real challenge to get to fit together in places and just about every bit needs detailing and cleaning up...........Which is why i bought it :)

After market for this seems to be about double the kit price at £200 a box so i will improvise :)

s-l1600.jpg

First i need to wrap up my Scammell , just trying to sort out a base then i will update
One thing i have found is the decals are not decals...30 mins in warm water and no sign of them coming off the paper...........

Last edited by a moderator:
Last message from ICM's rep on Facebook Messenger. They are still proceeding with their CH-54 (which I helped research) and their 1/48th scale Cobra (which is the Special Hobby sprue trees):

1652451533590.png

I have been looking at this ? I quite like the idea as its supposed to be a bit of a pig to build but the down side is there is a lot of work that will never bee seen because of the rear mount engine.. I wonder if i could boost my interest in it if i converted it to a road car with modern up dates like CF although its about 6 years pre CF in cars.
s-l1600.jpg

anyone got any bright ideas of what to do with it ? or maybe i need to shelve it while i wait for more inspiration.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have been looking at this ? I quite like the idea as its supposed to be a bit of a pig to build but the down side is there is a lot of work that will never bee seen because of the rear mount engine.. I wonder if i could boost my interest in it if i converted it to a road car with modern up dates like CF although its about 6 years pre CF in cars.
View attachment 150401

anyone got any bright ideas of what to do with it ? or maybe i need to shelve it while i wait for more inspiration.
would love to see your take on this Paddy!

View attachment 150401

I remember this kit from way back in the '80's. I was a big Porsche fan back then and was really into this stuff. I even was able to obtain a damaged 1/8 scale version that is if anything an even bigger pig.

I would suggest do your research, figure out what you will actually be able to see, and then go all out to the extent that you feel comfortable with. Sometimes just a few correction mods is all it takes to make an impressive build!

I was thinking silver but metallic's often dont work on models as its hard to scale down the metallic bit.
Black would work but needs to be perfect or it would look bad
Red is a bit cliché on sports cars :)
Plastic sprayed white usually looks like white plastic :)

so

I am thinking Yellow and Mat black ? i remember i used Tamiya chrome yellow TS47 on a bike years ago and it has a good depth with a clear coats.

Back