• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Latest Acquisitions Revisited!

Fantastic Saul. I am wondering about a pit stop scene for my Grant with a refueler. This might have to take the form of a truck,, fuel drums and a hand pump as i cant find a fuel bowsers at the moment, just a rather nice 200gal water bowser... I would imagine a desert patrol would be more likely to fill up from barrels than a dedicated bowser anyway TBH. James has just posted ICM's new Leyland truck.....food for thought :cool:

Finally the CR-42 arrived. I imagine it will be another month before the Tiger Moth arrives.
DSC08964.JPG
DSC08965.JPG

We're already seeing their little personalities. Honey is fearless, she's already attacking our 13 year old Sally, she's taking to them well also because she's missing her older sisters. Sugar is the little lady, timid and refined, will just watch the antics from afar.

What are they Bob? Look like golden retrievers, but I don't know puppies that well.

I still miss my buddy, and he has been gone 6 years. Would like to get another dog, but am not home enough.

Way back before the world imploded I saw that a brewary in Quebec was putting out some beers with some famous pilots on them. I asked my buddy if he could get some from his brothers and have it mailed out to me. Well Covid put an end to that. Fast forward and unfortunately his Father just passed away. He went home and then brought back the two empty cans for me. Sucky way to get them. Also some books came in today also.
11.jpg
DSC08967.JPG
DSC08968.JPG
DSC08969.JPG

Wow, I just got caught up with everyone's scores they got while I was on vacation. Paul, I cannot wait to see you start that Titanic. The model sure lives up to it's name!

Okay, now that I am back and able to finally log in, here is what I got for Christmas. Some of this is stuff I got from my sister but most is what I got for myself. Then I also got something from my nephew that I'd been waiting for since August...

Okay, here is what my sister got me:

full

full

The clamps are actually small models you assemble and then can use... I like it!

These are my scores that I got at John's Models in Pensacola. He is now the only hobby shop left in Northwest Florida since Bobe's Hobbies closed down. I was able to get these from John's:

full

full

full

full

full

This next set of items is a set of wheels for a British Matador truck in 1/72 scale. It is a 3-D print that was done by a guy on Missing Lynx and has offered the first seven ones for free to anyone who asked. I have a Matador that is missing a wheel so when he offered a set I requested it. This finally came in and he even threw in a set of British refueling cans:

full

Finally the thing I'd been waiting for. One of my nephews is a Reaper Drone pilot who spent a year or so flying combat missions from the Horn of Africa. On one mission, he had an American flag loaded onto his Reaper and flew it on a mission. I now have a flag that is certified as having flown during a mission. That was in August and I was able to pick it up on my trip in December:

full

That's all I got for this year at Christmas. I got quite a bit to keep me going for awhile anyway. The Q-Ship and AH-56 I got for a Group Build on another Forums that is themed "Kits released before 1972". Or Ancient Kits as I like to call it.

Stay tuned, there's more to see later. Right now I have to go open a new Maddog Manufacturing Thread for 2021....

Cool stuff Mark. The flag is very cool.
Neat buildings John. I got the second one off Amazon . Still trying to figure how I will build it. I look forward to seeing you build them so I can see how :)
James

Back