• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Latest Acquisitions Revisited!

Holy Rarities! You got an Aurora Piper Aztec! Those are extremely rare and hard to get! I had one that I had gotten from a guy who'd started it and knew he wasn't going to finish it. I finished it, took it to the 2007 Nationals and at the end of the show someone stole it right out of my box! Later, Rare Plane Detective got me a new one at his cost: $179.00 to replace it, along with another one that was stolen along with the Aztec. I built that and it is staying in my house!

Brilliant scores John!

Spent some birthday cash this week...
IMG_20201112_164948595_HDR_copy_800x600.jpg
IMG_20201113_182701720_HDR_copy_800x600.jpg
IMG_20201113_182725231_HDR_copy_800x600.jpg
IMG_20201113_182740649_HDR_copy_800x600.jpg
IMG_20201113_182748076_HDR_copy_800x600.jpg

Mark, I got that Aztec from Rare Plane Detective also. I got a pretty good deal on the Aztec. A while back I bought a built Aurora Cherokee 180 on Ebay. I took it apart already with no serious damage. The previous builder put the wings on backwards!

Last edited:
Some more. I didnt realize the T-34 came in a wooden box but cool. The Work Truck is awesome with everything you need. The tractor is a nice simple build, no engine so should be quick. Got the rest of my street scene stuff and a leaf punch. Also another 2 books. The first volume of a trilogy and the second volume of another trilogy.
DSC08827.JPG
DSC08828.JPG
DSC08829.JPG
DSC08830.JPG
DSC08831.JPG
DSC08832.JPG
DSC08833.JPG
DSC08834.JPG
DSC08835.JPG

James

A SilverCrest vacuum-sealer. I believe SilverCrest is the house brand for Lidl Markets. The sealer, plus two extra rolls, and the package of ten bags was less that $50USD. The sealer comes with a roll of material, extra seal gasket, and adapters to use with other brand products and vacuum boxes.

LidlSilverCrestVacuumSealer001.JPG

I plan to use it for my decal storage as well as cooking!

Regards,

Nice subs! I particularly like the 1/72 scale one.

While I was at our latest mini-Hobby Day, the guy who owns the tire store next door to our Hall came by. He gave me this kit, free of charge:

full

The price was right! Even though I already built one; I'm still going to do this one too.

Nice subs! I particularly like the 1/72 scale one.

While I was at our latest mini-Hobby Day, the guy who owns the tire store next door to our Hall came by. He gave me this kit, free of charge:

full

The price was right! Even though I already built one; I'm still going to do this one too.
I remember that thing, think you could twist off the nose and change the messages.

Bob,I've got four of the kits in the stash so I should be able to find some combination of parts that match up!

I remember the engine nacelles being a bear but i'm sure you'd whip it in shape in short order. The kit afterburner cans are awful but not as bad as Eduards attempt at them. I remember someone having resin cans but I never could get ahold of them.

Cutting Edge did the cans and I got them when they were still in production. I have some Barracuda designs sets as well, including the intakes.

Back