• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Latest Acquisitions Revisited!

Gotta love that big ass tool box with all that pre war steel in it, probably weighed 150+. Yeah, one man lift back in those days. 💪

Some more stuff rolled in this week. I kinda went a little crazy on my Sprue Brothers order on Monday.
Wondered if anyone else was going to take advantage of that "Black Friday" deal they had over last weekend. Prime chance to get stuff that doesn't pop up on sale. :good:

Nice scores.

Wondered if anyone else was going to take advantage of that "Black Friday" deal they had over last weekend. Prime chance to get stuff that doesn't pop up on sale. :good:

Nice scores.

I tried but I'm all out of cash.

Nice scores indeed. I would be thrilled to see those jeeps shrunk down to my scale.

This arrived.
A5E6E105-60A4-4759-A056-C0B680D3E5B2.jpeg

From what I've read, the two old sprues contain the road wheels and running gear components and the other the casemate parts and main gun...

The new sprues contain the new longer tub and engine and interior parts.

Nice one Tony!

These are some recent gifts from a fellow modeler on another Forums. He sent them to me because he knew he would never build them, despite having them for many years. First is the old Hasegawa Japanese Fuel Truck:

full

Next is the tiny 1/72 scale Harley sitting in front of the 1/35th scale Harley box:

full

He sent that to me just in case I might want to try something in a larger scale. LOL! Since I'm building a 1/35th scale Patton, I'll build this too and try making a small vignette containing the two models.

That's all I got for now.

Last edited:
I didn't take pictures of everything but got a few more kits and lots more books. A package that should have been here more than a week ago has finally arrived while another is still in limbo. From it I got another Sherman Mk V, SU-85, some German troops refueling and a bunch more sanding sponges. The sponges by Infini while a bit expensive are awesome and my favourite sanding sticks and sheets to date. They work great and keep their grit. Also from infini are some very nice cutting boards. I now have 3 of the 4 boards. They are tough and cut proof. The straight lines has been really useful and I think these two will be also. Type B gas circles broken into quadrants and squares while Type C is Radians. They work really well. Place tamiya tape on them and cut it to shape or size.
Oh and a bunch of gator clips aka roach clips in 2 sizes. I will mount these on bamboo skewers to hold parts for painting. Much cheaper then store bought holders. Press them into high density foam and away you go. Oh and a new book arrived today on the Canadians in Europe. The sanding sticks are 600, 800, 1000.

can.jpg
DSC08927.JPG
DSC08928.JPG
DSC08929.JPG
DSC08930.JPG
DSC08931.JPG
DSC08932.JPG
DSC08933.JPG

Back