• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Latest Acquisitions Revisited!

I took advantage of a Sprue Bros sale then ordered some needed detail for the mess of Messerschmitts I have.

Aq-373.jpg

Aq-374.jpg

Very cool.

Well had some issues with one of my CSM Nieuport XVIIs and was finally able to resolve it. They were kind enough to send me the new Nieuport XXIII. Looks very cool. It comes with Belgian and Russian markings. Looking forward to building this one also :)
full

James

Decided to get some things from Ammo of Mig and they just arrived. Now I can paint and stuff to read and build. The clamps are 3d printed I believe and I got some for my Pz IVs and a Tiger. Also got the new Ju EF 126/127.
full

full

Anyone tried their new glue or putty?
full

full

And their final figure encyclopedia. Also a box for the Armour encyclopedia.
full

James

I have the glue and so far really like it..better than the Elmer's glue I've been using. Strong hold when you first place a part on it. Dries very clear but if you use too much you can tell it's there. Would buy it again.

I have the glue and so far really like it..better than the Elmer's glue I've been using. Strong hold when you first place a part on it. Dries very clear but if you use too much you can tell it's there. Would buy it again.
Thanks. Will give the glue and putty a try. I got their plastic glue but it smelled so strong I turfed it.
James

Mo_, James, if the Ultra Glue is acrylic, I prefer to stick to the original: Gator's Grip from our very own Kenny. ;)

Review here, not by me:

Regards,

Nice scores James! Looks like your kitty approves as well. I agree with Saul; the Gator Grip is a fantastic glue that costs far less and is well worth it.

Mo_, James, if the Ultra Glue is acrylic, I prefer to stick to the original: Gator's Grip from our very own Kenny. ;)

Review here, not by me:

Regards,
I have some of the Gator glue still and really like it. This was a bit of an experiment. The putty is acrylic also so see if it is like valejo putty.
James

Nice scores James! Looks like your kitty approves as well. I agree with Saul; the Gator Grip is a fantastic glue that costs far less and is well worth it.
Thanks Mark. Yeah I like it a lot. I have the thin and thick and use both a lot. This was just an experiment. See what its like.
James

No worries Mike. I only cut my fingers on full size table saws. :bigrin:

And for you that don't know, yes, I did it twice. I only nicked them.

Picked these up this morning. DreamModel AH-1Z 1/72 scale.
I can now put my conversion in the recycle box.
DreamModels AH-1Z.jpg

This is how far I got on my conversion.
12-6-2012 004.JPG

Frank

Back