• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Latest Acquisitions Revisited!

I have a few things that were picked up at the local hobby shop, then some books and other things that aren't usually at the hobby shop.

Aq-369.jpg

Aq-370.jpg

Aq-371.jpg

Aq-372.jpg

I also started a second German Aircraft kit this weekend to go along with my Bf-109E4 build. It is the new Bf-108 kit, and it is looking like a really nice kit. There are some things that you will need to choose to either go with the plastic parts or go with the PE on it, but for as simple as the kit basically seems to be, it is surprisingly well detailed. I unfortunately don't have any books, but I did find some really good reference online and on Utube. Which lead to some really good reference for my 109-E4 build as well.

Just got this in today from Takom....some good friends building it have noted fit issues...and if it's anything like the 1/4 ton truck they released at the same time, I wouldn't be surprised as that one was a nightmare...
IMG_20200622_193242486_HDR_copy_800x600.jpg

Just got this in today from Takom....some good friends building it have noted fit issues...and if it's anything like the 1/4 ton truck they released at the same time, I wouldn't be surprised as that one was a nightmare...
View attachment 124845
Yeah the jeep was garbage. I was wondering about this one but the Dragon kits builds up pretty good so will probably pass. Be interesting to hear more about the fit issues though.
James

Some time back, someone went on the IPMS Forums asking for help in disposing of a family member's stash of models, tools and supplies after he passed. Long story short, I got the following:

Paint brushes, tweezers, and Exacto knives:

full

I also got three boxes of Testors Model Master paints; mostly blacks, whites and greys, along with some red, blue and a scattering of greens:

full

Each box is as full as that top one.

Finally, after getting paid for a job; I was able to finally pick up two models that are on my "must get" list:

Aoshima 1/72 scale OH-1 Ninja:

full

Aoshima 1/72 scale Type 73 Heavy Tank Transporter:

full

This is gonna be fun!

Those Day Fighter Aces books look interesting.
Nice stuff guys. That SM 84 look neat.
I got a couple of Gladiators for myself.
James

So I was waiting for my wife in the drugstore and she saw some makeup and seemed pleased it was in. I took one look and then another and a few questions later bought a couple of pots. Its a powdered pigment and the jar is twice the size of a Ammo of Mig pigment jar. It coast $12 but I am sure people can find it cheaper. Looks like it would make a nice dust or mud. They had some fluffy brushes on sale so picked them up also. Cant wait to try these out and see how they work.
full

The powder looks pretty fine.
full

Put a roll of tape on for size.
full

Got them for cheaper.
full

Also got two new Gloster Gladiators. Just need a Sea Gladiator to round them out. I have some AM from AIMS coming for them including interior PE, corrected upper ailerons, flaps for one of them and bracing wire for both. Cant wait to get into them
full

full

James

So I was waiting for my wife in the drugstore and she saw some makeup and seemed pleased it was in. I took one look and then another and a few questions later bought a couple of pots. Its a powdered pigment and the jar is twice the size of a Ammo of Mig pigment jar. It coast $12 but I am sure people can find it cheaper. Looks like it would make a nice dust or mud. They had some fluffy brushes on sale so picked them up also. Cant wait to try these out and see how they work.
full

The powder looks pretty fine.
full

Put a roll of tape on for size.
full

Got them for cheaper.
full

It'll give a nice glow to your complexion James. :cool:

Great score!

Back