• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Latest Acquisitions Revisited!

The post man is my friend........Browsing around I came across a great resource for information about 1/76-1/72 armour kits, figures and what have you, so if you are not sure what's in the box or how good that figure set may be, this is a good place to start, Henk of Holland , Really got to appreciate the effort people put into resources like this.

Any way so after looking through the place I bought some stuff :D
IMG_0687.jpg

Yeah, I want to get all those trucks too, but haven't the coin right now. Good scores.

I've known about Henk of Holland for some time. he has even posted pics of my finished models on several catalog pages showing every kit offered by select manufactures. I'm posted in Dragon, ESCI and Airfix I believe; as well as Revell of Germany.

Congrats again on a great score and have fun!

Thanks :drinks . I was wondering if you might have posted some of those builds, it's a good site and i like to see how these things build up. I enjoy seeing your work thanks for posting it.

Not sure if you've got anything from Jadar Hobby in Poland or not, but I can vouch for them if you haven't.

You're welcome. Henk usually posts credit for the built models so everyone knows who built them. I love his site! You're welcome for posting my work; I'm glad to do it.

I think I may have ordered form Jadar Hobbies once before; I can't remember. A lot of times, I'm able to get many of these kits from a guy named Ivan for deep discounts through a friend of mine. We get together and do a mass order so shipping is free.

time to get rid of my Dragon BTR-70 kits, I just got the Trumpeter BTR-70 Early and it looks awesome so far!

Yes, :nopics

Regards,

That truck would be cool for a 2112 or post-apocalyptic build...very cool!

Like this type of cab armoring? Trumpeter are to release the M1078, as seen here, with the armored cab and it would be an easy swap to the triple axle M1083.

m1078FMTV_LSACbelue1.jpg

Regards,

Went to Hobby Lobby today with a 40% coupon expecting to see the same old crap and walk out of there with it still in my pocket. Instead, I found this:

RedTail002.jpg

Its pretty much a reboxing of their other P-51Ds but with different decals and canopy masks but, whatever, I grabbed it anyway.

Went to Hobby Lobby today with a 40% coupon expecting to see the same old crap and walk out of there with it still in my pocket. Instead, I found this:

RedTail002.jpg

Its pretty much a reboxing of their other P-51Ds but with different decals and canopy masks but, whatever, I grabbed it anyway.

40% off can't beat that (y)

I saw that on the shelf today also. they have a $44. price tag on it so you'll need the coupon! Understand it's a really nice kit.

If it is the normal 1/48 P-51D kit then it is an amazing kit. One of those kits where you drop some glue and paint in the box and then shake it up and out comes a nice finished bird lol.

Couple things from my entering the SMA Spring contest...got this kit through a random drawing:
008%7E10.jpg

And everyone who completed a build for the contest received a Badger paint set from Ken at Badger-- I picked up the weathering set-
007%7E13.jpg

Lastly, my in-laws went out west and visited an air museum and picked me up this...
009%7E6.jpg

They have more faith in my eyesight than I do ;)

Thanks to the Brothers of Sprue, I was able to celebrate not getting laid off in the last of the cuts at a large airline :blink I treated myself to a couple of easy kits to relax with. B)
IMG_5263.JPG

Tamiya's M113A1 Fire Support Vehicle and Tamiya's M151A2 Tow Missle Carrier.

Back