• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Latest Acquisitions Revisited!

Latest Acquisitions

KageroSu24a.JPG

MMPBulgarianFighterColors1a.JPG

MMPBulgarianFighterColors2a.JPG

h79621fa.jpg

Regards,

Latest Acquisitions

New stuff from the KCCON show.

h941e371.jpg

hafaa638.jpg

h1fab81b.jpg

B)

Nice haul Terry! I always thought the monster never had enough screen time on Robotech!

Just for a laugh, Bandai has a large toy version of the monster out and I found this rather "unique" review that is worth a laugh!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UPuNAjNwh9c

:rotf

Latest Acquisitions

Got another 1/35 scale Airfix M1A2 Abrams tank. It's a real fun build. Heavy sarcasm there. The lower hull plate is badly warped as is a part of the rear hull plate. Looks like hot water time will be needed to straighten those parts.

hce41a96.jpg

Cheers

Latest Acquisitions

Use a thermometer and no more than 190F. Too much heat or too long a time and you risk shrinking the parts.

Thanks. Found that out years ago with some after-market vinyl tracks. I dipped them into water and t hey shriveled up like a worm on a sidewalk in the heat.

Cheers

Latest Acquisitions

h614667f.jpg

This was the very first model I built. My Father brought it home for my 8th birthday, along with a tube of orange glue (seriously, orange gum). We sat at the kitchen table and built it. I am putting everything else aside and building this. I have no idea of the quality or how good the decals are. Don't care. How often are we able to reach back and built something that I remember 56 years later? And how often do we get to relive such a memory?

I promise, no organe glue.

Latest Acquisitions

h614667f.jpg

This was the very first model I built. My Father brought it home for my 8th birthday, along with a tube of orange glue (seriously, orange gum). We sat at the kitchen table and built it. I am putting everything else aside and building this. I have no idea of the quality or how good the decals are. Don't care. How often are we able to reach back and built something that I remember 56 years later? And how often do we get to relive such a memory?

I promise, no organe glue.

Yes, sometimes a model kit unlocks a storehouse of fond memories. I had a similar experience recently when I started building my Revell 1/240 scale HMS Campbeltown Destroyer aka USS Buchannan. I built that model at my mom's dad's place. The 1/600 scale Airfix WW2 ships are other kits that bring back many fond memories.

Enjoy your build and trip down memory lane.

Cheers

Latest Acquisitions

I have a couple of OLD kits that my dad built back in the early '60s. One is an old Hawk kit of a Corsair. The box art has the Corsair as all white with black markings. The kit is all white plastic with black decals (which are VERY yellowed.

The other one off the top of my head is a 2 in 1 AMT special kit. It had the XR-6 Roadster and a Model T. My dad built up the roadster and painted it a metallic green. (the box art had it red) He finally gave me the model T to build. I found one of this kit back in the late 80's All the parts are there. The Hot Rod parts for the model T are kind of buggered, but I wouldn't build that version anyway. I can still visualize the metallic green the roadster was done in and might even have one or two parts from it in my scrap box.

ha8c42b6.JPG

h6aac939.JPG

Maybe one of these days I might build them just for grins and nostalgia.

Latest Acquisitions

I have a couple of OLD kits that my dad built back in the early '60s. One is an old Hawk kit of a Corsair. The box art has the Corsair as all white with black markings. The kit is all white plastic with black decals (which are VERY yellowed.

The other one off the top of my head is a 2 in 1 AMT special kit. It had the XR-6 Roadster and a Model T. My dad built up the roadster and painted it a metallic green. (the box art had it red) He finally gave me the model T to build. I found one of this kit back in the late 80's All the parts are there. The Hot Rod parts for the model T are kind of buggered, but I wouldn't build that version anyway. I can still visualize the metallic green the roadster was done in and might even have one or two parts from it in my scrap box.

ha8c42b6.JPG

h6aac939.JPG

Maybe one of these days I might build them just for grins and nostalgia.

Pretty sure they had some light sea and white schemes for the Corsair at one time.

Latest Acquisitions

Not overly exciting...but hay Happy Birthday to Me!! :drinks
Mission Model Paint and Weather Material from True Earth...Should be good to go for my next 3 or 4 projects :D

h3f6af3c.jpg

:v

Latest Acquisitions

Happy Birthday Eric!

Bob

I still remember my dad bringing that kit home (vaguely) and I do remember (also vaguely) playing with it and the landing gear and prop becoming instant casualties. I must have been about 3, maybe 4 at the time. I also remember him building the Revell Memphis Belle a short time later. It was so awesome, the landing gear could be retracted. It survived a LOT longer than the Corsair did. Amazing that I can still remember some of that stuff.

Latest Acquisitions

Ah yes, I have so many memories of so many models! I'll have to see about starting a nostalgia build myself... again.

Nice score Eric! I also picked up some Mission Models paints, let me know how they work for you.

Latest Acquisitions

Ahh Yes. Those oldies.
Here is a Revell 1/530 ish scale USS ESSEX with the , at that time, very newly updated angle deck. Kit produced in 1957. Cost then was $3.98 or something like that.
I built this kit in maybe 1958 or 59, never realizing at the time I would actually serve aboard her just 2 years later.
Memorable times, serving aboard "The Oldest and the Boldest" from 1961 to 1963. Someplace or time after, that model was lost. A couple years ago, my son's found a vintage kit for sale and bought it for me as a birthday gift. Cost - $189.00. Holy Moly.

f5vblqO.jpg

iUoSNE6.jpg

I've been collecting "stuff" in the correct scale, which was not easy, to build this baby RIGHT, as she was MY SHIP.

A PE set from Gold Medal and some resin aircraft and a resin bow correction set from Matt Stein Models.

hWeUpn1.jpg

Decals for the ship and a deckload of aircraft from Starfighter.

ooQPmLO.jpg

A resin set to correct the hull and provide a hangar deck from Starfighter.

EGq8oHE.jpg

A resin island upgrade set from Starfighter.

EBNwb4L.jpg

Lots of aircraft for the correct deployment and quantity of ASW squadrons aboard in 1960-62 from Star Fighter.

2tW5sXy.jpg

Plus, a healthy stock of paints from White Ensign in the correct Naval colors.

I've probably spent more on aftermarket stuff than the kit cost, but, I'm excited to be even able to do it. The kit, as produced actually built up into a fairly respectable model, but had some flaws in design. The hull is off a bit, no provision for a hangar deck, and the aircraft were for a CVA (1957-1960) instead of a CVS as she was when I was aboard. She was one of the most advanced sub hunters in the fleet through about 1965 or so.

Now, I've just got to get up the nerve and dedication to get-r-done.

EJ

Latest Acquisitions

I don't need more kits. I need to be building. But due to the receipt of my rebate card from my contacts (year supply) the current state of the economy, and some cool Turkish Phantom decals that are on Deal of the Day @ SprueBros, I figured I go out and burn it with the LHS (surprisingly with all my Phantoms I don't have any small nose Es)...lord knows the small businesses around here can use whatever they can get with all the layoffs going on in all sectors.

Back