• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Latest Acquisitions Revisited!

Latest Acquisitions

Generally is...no offense. :rotf

I could say I didn't pull yours ... :mpup ... but that may be considered a offence ... no I made the post
(No HY&%) and when you went back to the recent topics tab it only showed 254 pages ... But yet it was showing I made the last post ... upon clicking the last post by me link it would take me to page 474 when this post was on 475 I guess the site was just in the process of adding a new page and hadn't done it yet ... I'm thinking it is a Windows 10 problem ... although it is much better than the previous Win 7 ... Just a tad slower ... So we'll blame it on Micro-soft ... and Ed :bat :bat :bat had to be involved somewhere ... :rotf

If there's a way to break it, I'll find it eventually... :evil: :bat

https://youtu.be/nsSqtK7pwcI

Latest Acquisitions

Yeah what He said ... Goodnight Irene ... Just trying to report a problem ... Happens to Mark also ... And Ed has to go and accusing operator error ... Just saying what He knows about this stuff you could put in a Thimble ... :rotf

Latest Acquisitions

These just came in this morning! Thanks Chuck!! :drinks
h0cd6597.JPG

hc60873d.JPG

h0ebb5d6.JPG

Latest Acquisitions

Got the Meng version of the Whippet tank and it looks pretty spiffy.

DSC05857.JPG

While the Takom version is all flat pieces this one has a box assembly. Unfortunately it only offers 2 markings, both museum pieces while the Takom gives I think 8. Anyways now I can do a colourful British scheme and a neat Dark Grey German Scheme :)

Oh and here is the Takom boxing for comparison.

DSC05642.JPG

James

Latest Acquisitions

Got the Meng version of the Whippet tank and it looks pretty spiffy.

While the Takom version is all flat pieces this one has a box assembly. Unfortunately it only offers 2 markings, both museum pieces while the Takom gives I think 8. Anyways now I can do a colourful British scheme and a neat Dark Grey German Scheme :)

Oh and here is the Takom boxing for comparison.

James

I assume that either are better than the 1/35 scale Emhar kits. Correct?

Cheers from Peter

Latest Acquisitions

Well, here's my scores I got at Orangecon.

First off was a bunch of tools and accessories. The black case is supposed to hold sanding paper of various grits, but I may use it for holding sanding sticks too. I got it free for filling out a Tamiya questionnaire. Then there is the photo-etch kit of a maintenance stand I got for a couple bucks, along with some resin pup tents. The final thing that you can't see is a Tamiya weathering powder kit that I got in the raffle. They're all here:

Tools_and_Accessories_I.jpg

Next up is an old kit of Auroras Boeing 737 in 1/72 scale. I'd been trying to get this for awhile, and I finally succeeded. Now to get some decals for this bird since the kit ones are pretty well shot:

Aurora_737_.jpg

I haven't forgotten my armor collection; I picked this one up as well. It is Revell of Germany's Boxer vehicle:

Revell_Boxer_.jpg

Next I was able to get the Dragon USS New York in 1/700 scale for about $20.00 from my friend Sean:

Dragon_USS_New_York.jpg

Finally, I got all these so I could finish my two Russian Armored Trains. These are models I'd ordered some time ago. My friend Dave was holding them until I got paid and then could pay him. These are the basic flatbeds first:

Russian_Trains_I.jpg

Followed by two cars with AA gun towers on them and two others carrying a truck, a gun and a tank:

Russian_Trains_II.jpg

Now I can really finish those Russian trains right!

Okay, that's all I have for today, so stay tuned. I'm hoping to start on a few of those flatbed cars tomorrow.

Latest Acquisitions

Thanks James! I thought so too. Not only that, but the trains I'm building are supposed to have one or two flatcars like these in front and rear to be complete; they just didn't include them in the box. I can't wait to get started on these.

Latest Acquisitions

Next up is an old kit of Auroras Boeing 737 in 1/72 scale. I'd been trying to get this for awhile, and I finally succeeded. Now to get some decals for this bird since the kit ones are pretty well shot:

Aurora_737_.jpg
I hope you put a smile on it!

Regards,

Latest Acquisitions

Aurora_737_.jpg
I hope you put a smile on it!

Regards,

Wasn't really planning to since the decals are pretty well shot. Trying to lay them down on this is asking for trouble. Besides, I'm not real thrilled with the color pattern on this anyway.

However, if you know where I can get some 1/72 scale decals for a 737 that has a face on it, I would certainly do that scheme. I figure if anyone knows, it would be you. Let me know and I'll pick them up as I'm in the market for some new decals for this.

Latest Acquisitions

My latest scores ...

h6dc3ed1.JPG

I have this Ork Truck .....

h529887b.JPG

To which I'll add some of this Bunker on the Back ... So I can make a 40K version of this ... :hmmm :woohoo:

h2394fe2_2015-10-07.JPG

Add some ...... Ork Bikers ... :hmmm :woohoo:

hbf4e27c.JPG

dragging ... these Guy's by the legs wrapped in chains ...

h861c1dd.JPG

Then We'll have some Wait staff & skinner's ... Them Space Marines are Hard to peel ...

h5abfa79.JPG

Well that's my latest acquirement ... and my next great 40K Dio !!!

Latest Acquisitions

Browsing TowerHobbies and came across this 1/32 kit. Always liked the look of this aircraft so I picked it up.

Back