• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Latest Acquisitions Revisited!

Latest Acquisitions

Some mini clamps, never have enough of them. These are really small and only 95 cents for a package of 45.

Some oil base paint pens in fine and extra fine. The extra fine black one is great for figure eyes, the pupil.

A great vise. My neighbor, a fisherman, has a vice similar to this. His has a chuck more like a pin vise and wouldn't open up far enough. Found this at the sport shop and it has jaws that will open to much larger size. I've struggled with blocks and deadeyes for rigging and this thing is a real lifesaver.

EJ

Latest Acquisitions

Cool stuff guys!

Got some Cobra markings from Ian!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :yipee

DSC02973_zpsbmwdrf40.jpg

Latest Acquisitions

That is quite a nice clamp EJ! I thought those were just small clothes pins until I saw the dime. They are really tiny!

Where did you get that black clamp/vise and what is it called? I think Bob has a want for one too. :D

Latest Acquisitions

Where did you get that black clamp/vise and what is it called? I think Bob has a want for one too. :bgrin[/quote said:
Ordered mine through Amazon. It was shipped from a company out of Montana.
There were several models, but only this series had the jaws I wanted, a Griffin Superior 2A Fly Tying Vise and a 2A fine point. The 1A vice is cheaper but has a fixed head, the 2A vices have an adjustable head. I got the Superior Model 2A fine point and it has worked very well for me. It was shipped promptly too.

Latest Acquisitions

Just arrived from Mike Herman in Allentown:

hb1d8815.jpg

Revell 2001/02 Dodge Intrepid 'Donor Kit' & Slixx decals - that's going to be in the Ward Burton/Cat colours (remember the 2002 Daytona 500 - the stop/start/stop/start race ??). The now extremely hard to get 1995 Monogram Chevy Monte Carlo, going to do it in the Rainbow Warrior colours straight from the box, and Slixx decals for Ernie's Pontiac, these look like a real 'joy' to get right, but I do love a challenge - and let's be honest...

...it's going to be hard to ignore when it's done :eek:hyeah

Ian.

Latest Acquisitions

Just arrived from Mike Herman in Allentown:

hb1d8815.jpg

Revell 2001/02 Dodge Intrepid 'Donor Kit' & Slixx decals - that's going to be in the Ward Burton/Cat colours (remember the 2002 Daytona 500 - the stop/start/stop/start race ??). The now extremely hard to get 1995 Monogram Chevy Monte Carlo, going to do it in the Rainbow Warrior colours straight from the box, and Slixx decals for Ernie's Pontiac, these look like a real 'joy' to get right, but I do love a challenge - and let's be honest...

...it's going to be hard to ignore when it's done :eek:hyeah

Ian.

(y) Wasn't that the race where Sterling Marvin got out & started fixing his car & got penalized?! LoL

Latest Acquisitions

(y) Wasn't that the race where Sterling Marvin got out & started fixing his car & got penalized?! LoL

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k0ObuwlFCoE

Great, Sterling, whaddya think nobody noticed !! :facepalm

Ian.

Latest Acquisitions

Got a very nice birthday present from my youngest son.

DSC05463.JPG

DSC05464.JPG

James

Happy Birthday James.

And a by proxy thank you to your son from my good friend Luca Marchetti who owns Pegaso Models. That's an expensive kit!

Enjoy! That company's products are the best of the best in today's market! I just talked to Luca yesterday!

Bob

Latest Acquisitions

Thanks everyone. Its a gorgeous figure. He got himself one also and a Thulsa Doom figure. Pegaso is one of my favs for their consistent quality.
James

Latest Acquisitions

Hope you had a great and wonderful birthday James!

Time to get caught up on some of my latest aquisitions. This time I have 4 kits and yes one is brand new. So here goes ;

Aq-012.jpg~original

Aq-013.jpg~original

Aq-014.jpg~original

Aq-015.jpg~original

Aq-016.jpg~original

Aq-017.jpg~original

Aq-018.jpg~original

Aq-019.jpg~original

If anyone "really" wants me to do a review on any of these let me know. My best reviews though are during and after an actual build.

What sold me on the Revell kit is the fact that Eduard is releasing some new PE, Brassin, and Bronze for it. With those it was an easy sell. The Il-2 was a great deal and I posted on that day in case anyone was interested. It was SprueBros normal price of $114 and with their "special of the day" and added in "summer clearance" discount I picked it up for $54. Not a bad buy.

Hope everyone is enjoying their Memorial Day and let us not forget those that gave their lives in service to their country.

Back