• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Latest Acquisitions Revisited!

Well I think I'm going to try Bare Metal foil to cover any damaged areas. I just got a whole new sheet of bright chrome.

B)

You could strip th Chrome off & shoot it with AlClad ??

http://www.scalemodeladdict.com/show/stripping-chrome-parts-painting-realistic-wood-grain-mak-krote-review

I picked this today at our LHS.

Joe

IMG_0463.jpg

Well I think I'm going to try Bare Metal foil to cover any damaged areas. I just got a whole new sheet of bright chrome.

B)

Terry, really a cool idea B) , I have F-84 Thunderjet great for experiment.

All the best!
Dusan.

T ,

Yes , I know stripping that Chrome , negates the purpose for buying the plated kit, but I would think it would be easier to so that, then try to blend Bare Metal in with a kit's Chrome plating ??? Plus won't you have to take some of the Chrome off of the Wheels etc anyway ?

:drinks

T ,

Yes , I know stripping that Chrome , negates the purpose for buying the plated kit, but I would think it would be easier to so that, then try to blend Bare Metal in with a kit's Chrome plating ??? Plus won't you have to take some of the Chrome off of the Wheels etc anyway ?

:drinks

Yeah I will strip some of the parts, but I want to try retain the plate on the main parts. If it don't work I will bow to your wisdom. :notworthy :lol:

My paints came but I have to wait till Monday. Kid at the post office didnt know how to handle a cod and was going to charge jut shy of a grand for my paints. My Flower class corvette is in but dhl is only open Mon to Fri in this town so have to wait till Monday to pic up. Did get a Vector 1/32 R2800 for my P-47N, a set of Master Models P-47 barrels for same P-47, a Spandau LMG 08/15 for my Pfalz and a set of instruments in 1/24 for a mustang which will become car instruments for a Model T. Sorry but one of those days so no pics. Consider this a James' believe it or not post :D

James

Interesting idea about the Model T IP. So will it be the artificial horizon or slip/turn indicator you use?? :mpup

me again! :D

halftrack riders - now i have enough for the howitzer combo and the krupp protze! (and i can use one of the driver figures for a conversion to a pilot! :D )

halftrackriders.jpg

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand - saúl, you're damn good, you've been very close but unfortunately wrong! if they had the bf-110, i'd have taken that kit since the bf-110 is my first plane love but the bf-109 e4 profi pack is also a superb kit! sadly it's not the e3 so i cannot do pips priller's ride! (but adolf galland or franz von werra are other nice choices! :D )

the best is the price - eduard calls 74,95$/56,30€ for this kit ... i paid 59,83$/44,95€

bf109.jpg

-> http://www.eduard.cz/products/card.php?id_product=6224&name=&catalogue_nb=&type=4&pgroup=1&scale=&product_month=&product_year=&page_start=15

Nice bird! I read that the Eduard kit is quite nice...as for a pilot, have you seen the Verlinden chaps Joe Hudson sculpted?

Regards,

Awesome. Looking forward to the builds. This might be of some use for the 109 Laura.
http://109lair.hobbyvista.com/index1024.htm

James

While vacationing in Virginia, I met up with a fellow modeler I have known online for a good number of years. We met at a buffet and he brought along a number of kits to pass along to me and my kids (and to donate as well). I have a half dozen Ma. K kits to play with, along with some Gundams that my boy will be pleased to build with me...and for my own fun--a couple larger scale kits...
7-18-11_001.jpg

7-18-11_002.jpg

And even one a bit too big for the stash cabinet...
7-18-11_003.jpg

Nice haul Jeeves. The AMS stuff is awesome for the Sabre. I've built 1 and have 3 more to go.
James

Okay Got my Flower Class Corvette, a cool book about them, a set of pylons and tanks for my 1/32 CF-104 and my cars for the hotrod gb. Oh and finally caved and got a Mattel vacform modified with new heavy platen and adapter for shop vac.

today_18.jpg

James

Back