• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Latest Acquisitions Revisited!

Well last night I was looking on ebay for vaccuform machines again and found the one I wanted. For over a year I go to this guys page and look at the converted upgraded mattel machines and wish. Showed my wife and said I really wish I could get one. Low and behold she pushed the buy now button and then paid for it. So sometime in the near future I'll be giving vac a try. Maybe I might even put some effort into my long term goal of converting a 1/32 Avenger into a post war Canadian sub hunter.
James

James, you lucky scoundrel! Let us know how the souped up Mattel vacuum-forming machine works. I also was eying it.

Today, my order from MS Models of Japan came:
MSModels_001.JPG

Two different sheets of PE for the Panther, one for the PzKpfw 35(t), and three sheets of their new decals. Expect a review on the decals.

Regards,

Saul, I think you have one extra tank there.

Feel free to send it to me as I'm itching to build that beauty.

:pp :pp :pp :pp

Re: Latest Acquisitions

I have never built a Panzer IV except for a Jagdpanzer IV,so I ordered a Mark IV-E from Greatmodels for $31.75 on sale #6301.The reviews were good,and it came with lotsa goodies,so I took the plunge,it looks great in the box,probably do it sometime early next year.

DSC00035.jpg

DSC00037.jpg

DSC00036.jpg

My new book from www.aviaeology.com arrived. WOW what a book.

Front%20cover-1.jpg

Will do a review in the near future.

James

Re: Latest Acquisitions

RAIDER ,

You actually dodged a bullet when gettin this kit. DML's other Pz IV E is trash. This one Rox. It has the correct Lower Hull ! If you need or want any reference .... send up a Flair !!

Saul, I think you have one extra tank there.

Hmmmm... let's see:

[ol]
[li]
muni-01.jpg
[/li]
[li]
beob-03.jpg
[/li]
[li]
mk-vi-16.jpg
[/li]
[li]
spg-11.jpg
[/li]
[li]
pak-01.jpg
[/li]
[/ol]

Nope, no extras other than the decals... :gogo

Oops, will need another as I don't know how long it will take Vulcan Models to produce this one:
vickers_mkVIc.jpg

Regards,

Picked up this MIG-15 last night. May have to add this to the "Red Star Rising" build. Looks like a real nice kit.

Terry B)

DSC05718.JPG

Oh my! You got the plated one! Photos please and I hope to see if it is simple metal plate or chrome finish.

Yesterday, Stevens Hobby sent me the Trumpeter ASU-85 to review.

Regards,

More 1/32 decals for my CF-104's (forgot to photo), AB and ducts for my Mig 23, cockpit for my SU 25, Panzer III book, and new Dragon figs.

DSC02314.JPG

DSC02315.JPG

James

Picked up this MIG-15 last night. May have to add this to the "Red Star Rising" build. Looks like a real nice kit.

Terry B)

DSC05718.JPG

The kit is great! you need the cockpit but that's about all.

I'm with Saul, let's see inside!

Oh my! You got the plated one! Photos please and I hope to see if it is simple metal plate or chrome finish.

Regards,

It doesn't look like normal chrome plate. It has a satin look and the details are crisp. Here's some pictures.

DSC05719.JPG

DSC05721.JPG

B)

SHAZAAMMM!

a spontaneous visit to the LHS is never a good idea! :unsure:

i got myself badly needed DKM railings for my Tirpitz (my never ending dream of the fjord dio still plays in my head!), thinner for vallejo and my favorite wheeled vehicle of the wehrmacht - needed for the plane busting campaign!

krupp_protze_railings.jpg

aaaaaaaaaaaand i leered at another kit for the BoB campaign ... upon opening i couldn't stop drooling! a royal kit and i absolutely must have it! will be bought when i'll be at the LHS the next time! (no, i won't tell what plane and what manufacturer!)

Nice truck Laura! :ro:

And for excercise the pocket, some models from LuckyModel.

Another to my Huey collection
14072011076.jpg

14072011083.jpg

14072011087.jpg

14072011088.jpg

And the famous tracker, this I'll build in colours of FAB(Força Áerea Brasileira/Brazilian Air Force),which had been worked on board in the only 2 Aircraft Carrier of our navy.
14072011090.jpg

here the Decals to the FAB version
HueySlickItaleri148005.jpg

Cheers :mpup

Regards,

It doesn't look like normal chrome plate. It has a satin look and the details are crisp. Here's some pictures.

DSC05719.JPG

DSC05721.JPG

B)

That is nice but I don't know how you're going to handle the seams and match up the plating.

Back