• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Latest Acquisitions Revisited!

I just got my second order of 2 Turbine Su-27 Intake and Exhaust covers from them. It is important to note that these are products worth supporting and it is a one man operation. Moon Puppy and James became privy to one of my orders to LMD. So now they can vouch that I pay for stuff!
::p

:nopics

Coming later, relax!

Regards,

Turbine_June_20_2011.JPG

The two sets I got plus the one reviewed below them.

Regards,

Hey Guys,

I received a package form Sprue Brothers last week ! It was My box 'o ALclad for the Opel Admiral experiment !! I will say that I forgot to include a Bottle of the Aqua Gloss Clear when I took this !!

AlClad_Paint_for_th_Admiral.JPG

What I have in mind is to shoot a car in nothing but AlClad. It's Final Finish will be Red.
1) Black Primer/Polyfiller
2) Gloss Black Base
3) Chrome
4) Aqua Gloss Clear - over th entire car as a barrier - I'll tape off the Grill , body & window chrome & paint th hub caps off of th Car. !!
5) Cover with several coats of Transparent Red ....

Stay Tuned ..... There will be a Test .....

Re: Latest Acquisitions

I had so much fun with my Hasegawa Raptor that I wanted to do another jet,today I received my Hobby Boss 1/48 F-14 Tomcat,I ordered it from Luckmodel for a total cost of $52.00 which thought was reasonable,it looks like a good kit in box.I will try it later this year and post pics if it comes out okay.

Re: Latest Acquisitions

Well...broke out of my WWII mode and picked up the Academy F-86 Sabre in 1/48. Looks like a very well detailed little kit...the engine, gun bays, and even speed brake areas seem well detailed. Only problem is I made a mistake checking it out on eBay...thought I was getting the one with the 67th FS scheme inside but instead got the Mig Killer boxing...crud! Well it does have a sharkmouth scheme so maybe I'll do it for Saul ;)

I heard this stuff is better than Holy Water
100_0948.jpg

I need all the help I can get you know, sooooooooo
Tony lee :)

As I had the process described to Me by MIG himself - These perform better when you lay down a couple of thin coats of Vallejo Satin... Reason - If you use nothing & leave it flat - the Washes & Grime don't really run like They are designed to. If you use a Gloss then th Washes & FX will run right off th model i.e. If you are trying to streak the side of a Tank's turret, with a gloss it will run off of th surface. The Satin is th perfect mix of both worlds. It "slicks" it up enough to let th FX run ,but with enough "bite" (what a Flat coated surface gives you)that it won't run off of th Tank.

I'm in th middle of trying this technique out now on th Elephant that I'm doing. It's all true. The Streaks are Streakin' !!! :woohoo:

..... just My $.02 (USD) :drinks

My order from LMD came!
LMDJune252011.JPG

Laura, do you see what is in my future?

I also got this in a trade:
TradeJune252011.JPG

Regards,

SHARK,

Nice Haul !!! I'm lookin' forward to see you get crankin' on these builds !!

Question : You got your shipment from LMD ? Who's LMD ?

Received my Cruel Cats and IDF Halftrack books today. Photos to follow later.

Grumbling over some new photos I found which made my armor on the gun jeep wrong.

Regards,

Cruised the Hobby Lobby last Sat when Cindy and I went shoppin' till we droppin'. Found this,
top550.jpg

Yep, same kit I just did BUT, it was marked down from $54. usd to just under 10 bucks!! :dance there was two on the shelf and I really debated getting both but I wasn't selfish. So there'll likely be another Zero on the horizon for me some time. Maybe for Under New Management?

Back