• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Latest Acquisitions Revisited!

Never even knew about the new 109 till I ordered it. Whats cool is it has 9 markings options including a captured Brit bird.
dec28-3.jpg

Well, I am discussing with a company the need to have a conversion to the Swiss E-3 for that lovely sharkmouth:

bf109e3FLKP21.jpg

You could build this one:

Bf-109E-3JG51HansIllnerFranciaagosto1940.jpg

If sales on the Swiss conversion are good, that producer may be enticed to releasing a Bf-109C/D conversion and I can finally have a large scale of this:

Bf-109C-2Sharkmouth-109-C2.jpg

So, how many of the large scale Cyber-Hobby (or Eduard) Bf-109 kits do you have?

Regards,

There are already some conversions to an A, B, C, D by Alley Cat
http://www.a2zeemodels.co.uk/messerschmitt-bf-109c-conversion-set-4994-p.asp
http://www.a2zeemodels.co.uk/messerschmitt-bf-109d-swiss-conversion-set-5000-p.asp
http://www.a2zeemodels.co.uk/messerschmitt-bf-109d-conversion-set-4998-p.asp

The 109 E used by the Swiss is basically a stock model I thought. Only one was built of spare parts. Now I'll have to research to see what might have been different.

James

The 109 E used by the Swiss is basically a stock model I thought. Only one was built of spare parts. Now I'll have to research to see what might have been different.

Cockpit was different and includes the spade handle control stick used on the early Bf-109B, the fairings for the fuselage machine guns are different as were the guns themselves.

Thanks for the lead on the conversions! I looked them over and see that they don't address the wing gun ammunition situation. I guess that might be in the instructions and one must undertake it oneself.

Regards,

I found this on Bonanza site.$25. :yipee I have seen these old kits from Aurora go for $100 more or less on Ebay.
164.jpg

162.jpg

Found this for $18.
161.jpg

This was given to me free from a member of a what if model site.
165.jpg

The photos of the Christmas gift to self:

In preparation for Meng's kit:
XmasStash2012252520016.JPG

Going to look at the AFV Club Bofors and Tamiya GMC to see what bits are best:
XmasStash2012252520015.JPG

The turret may find its way to an Egyptian Sherman:
XmasStash2012252520014.JPG

I saw a build whereby the modeler combined this kit with the Cyber-Hobby one for the ultimate Hellcat with (what else?) cat markings!
XmasStash2012252520013.JPG

Supposedly very good...
XmasStash2012252520012.JPG

Same with this one... maybe using Trumpeter's research for their 1/35th scale kits?
XmasStash2012252520011.JPG

Might find its way tot he Cuban Sherman:
XmasStash2012252520009.JPG

The Fokker scourge?
XmasStash2012252520008.JPG

Or is it this one? Decals already have the face I want!
XmasStash2012252520007.JPG

Regardless of what is written on the box, these are late Jagdpanzer 38 tracks...
XmasStash2012252520006.JPG

This aircraft had a sharkmouth...
XmasStash2012252520005a.JPG

and here it is! Next to a simple sheet for the shark mouthed Super Saber in the stash:
XmasStash2012252520005.JPG

The rest are guns, guns, guns!
XmasStash2012252520004.JPG

XmasStash2012252520003.JPG

XmasStash2012252520002.JPG

XmasStash2012252520001.JPG

Regards,

Grabbed these up from Dragon Hobby on eBay for a good price....
003%7E32.jpg

004%7E28.jpg

Going to join Dan's Figure build over at the LEM with one...will post in Andy's thread when I decide what to do....

My ref books on the Ju 87 and Israeli A-4's finally arrived. And while I was out getting them my son asked to go to the book store where I found a book on the Spartans. Then a trip to the LHS and an impulse buy of Noah's Ark.

DSC02945.JPG

DSC02947.JPG

DSC02948.JPG

James

Its plastic and has some animals and cages etc. Can be built complete or in 2 halves so you can see inside. Very cool looking.
James

Got a package in the mail today. Ordered these as part of the Squadron Mayan Apocalypse sale, everything in stock was 30% off, and had a little bit of my Christmas bonus left after paying bills, so I ordered these.

I've got the old RoG 1/72 Flower Corvette, bought it from a friend in my model club that has since passed away. I've had several ideas for a pretty detailed build for quite awhile, so I've been wanting to get references. Apparently I got a pretty good deal, paid like $15.00 for it on Squadron, and its going for 80 or 90 on Amazon. Its got lot of excellent images, and apparently is one of the better books available on this subject.

DSC02104_zps3bd0800d.jpg

Another book for a model I've got in my stash, the RoG 1/72 Type VII-C, which I also have thought about doing a pretty detailed build on. Kicked myself in the butt in the past for not picking up a couple of really nice reference books on this subject, so when I saw this one, I grabbed it up.

DSC02102_zps4d6c174c.jpg

And yet another book for a model in my stash, Tamiya's 1/35 Dragon Wagon. I've got all the Eduard PE for it, and have had several different ideas for a diorama, so I wanted some reference info when its time to start building.

DSC02100_zpsf24af0bf.jpg

Wanting to get into doing figures, and figured this wouldnt hurt to have. I'll take all the help I can get.

DSC02105_zps1038ae06.jpg

The Corvette book is a steal. I found mine for around $45 which I thought was awesome when I won a Matchbox Flower Class Corvette a couple of years ago. Nice lot of books there.
James

Couple of more things. A new Panzer wrecks, a fantastic picture reference. This series is very highly recommended. And a new paint set. Zenith Transformation for modern desert war vehicles. It includes primer, base paint, shadows and highlites, 2 jars of pigment, and a nice brush. Am really interested in seeing how this works.

DSC02949.JPG

DSC02950.JPG

James

Picked up this today
The truck is a special project that i will start after we have moved to our new house.

P1110828.JPG

And this is a christmas gift from Veerle :) (she know how much i love resin and PE :bang head )

P1110827.JPG

It looks very nice and alot of nice details, i hope i can do it justice..... :hmmm

//Mats

You must have ticked her off Mats ;)

Well-- the last of my mail came today (my wife kids me that I only get mail if I pay for it ;) It's true...going to have to fight the urge to buy myself more for a bit...)

First off is the present from my wife-- my first...and maybe last depending on how it goes-- loads of detail!
010%7E14.jpg

And then the Hamilton Books Distributor catalog came and I could not pass up these-- most under $8...first up is some research material for while I am riding the stationary bike:
024%7E0.jpg

Then-- one can never have too many Dauntless books...
025%7E0.jpg

Or books on my second favorite dive bomber...
026%7E0.jpg

And lastly-- some references for a Pacific airfield scene I am trying to plan....
027.jpg

Picked up this today
The truck is a special project that i will start after we have moved to our new house.

P1110828.JPG

And this is a christmas gift from Veerle :) (she know how much i love resin and PE :bang head )

P1110827.JPG

It looks very nice and alot of nice details, i hope i can do it justice..... :hmmm

//Mats

Cool stuff Mats. I have the water truck in the mail. Looks like a fun build.
James

You must have ticked her off Mats ;)

Well-- the last of my mail came today (my wife kids me that I only get mail if I pay for it ;) It's true...going to have to fight the urge to buy myself more for a bit...)

First off is the present from my wife-- my first...and maybe last depending on how it goes-- loads of detail!
010%7E14.jpg

And then the Hamilton Books Distributor catalog came and I could not pass up these-- most under $8...first up is some research material for while I am riding the stationary bike:
024%7E0.jpg

Then-- one can never have too many Dauntless books...
025%7E0.jpg

Or books on my second favorite dive bomber...
026%7E0.jpg

And lastly-- some references for a Pacific airfield scene I am trying to plan....
027.jpg

Cool stuff. You'll love the Fokker. And next to no rigging. It is a very precise fit though so really watch your build and check twice before gluing.
James

Back