• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Large Refueler

jknaus

Administrator
Okay so I was building Aviattics new Refueler cart for WWI German bombers. Easy kit and all was going okay. Then I messed up. Another frustrating modeling session. So here it is my claim to shame.

DSC05473.JPG

DSC05474.JPG

DSC05475.JPG

DSC05476.JPG

Its getting so I dont want to touch a model now. And yes I know it can be stripped. I've just never ever done a redo. Usually it gets binned.

James

It does look very good James ..... Never seeing one of these before ...... I really don't know what is wrong with it ....... :eek:ldguy

:blink
Okay I am at a loss. Too many people think this is good. Wife even thinks it looks good. :hmmm
James

I'm still not sure but will forge ahead. Thanks to everyone for the confidence boost. Been getting pretty down.

Anyways this is being built as a review so should have something up in a bit.
James

That looks great to me- like it sat outside in heavy storm and got mud splashed up all over it. As they say, happy accidents!

I don't see it. No matter how much I look, it's spot on to me. Mud would collect in the splatter up high, but would dry and fall off the bottom and wheels, so it's pretty much perfect to me. The only thing I can see is it looks like the wheel camber is off, but it could be the shadow in the photo too. Plus I'm sure wooden wheeled carts leaned anyway. At least in my experience of watching F Troop and The Little Rascals. :D

That looks fantastic James!

One thing that I would do is add some mud splatters on the inside of the wheels, they look too clean compared to the outside of the wheels and container.

Matrixone

It has a real "WW1 look" to it if that makes sense James. Sometimes they just don't turn out like the picture in our head, but it's still a quality build and finish. :zen

Never seen this Large Refueler before in model form or in real form...Think you did a fine job on this one however! (y)

Hear all the echoes here James...When so many people think it does look just right,well it most likely is then. :cheer:

Gr,Ron.

That looks fantastic James!

One thing that I would do is add some mud splatters on the inside of the wheels, they look too clean compared to the outside of the wheels and container.

Matrixone

I agree with Les ..... should be more mud on the wheels after all that's where the Mud came from .... Right ... :eek:ldguy

Back