• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Krupp Protze Kfz69

AndyFettes

Master at Arms
I am going to enter this subject into the Cold Steel Campaign :)

( eh what Andys doing a model at last I hear you scream !! ) :eek:hmy:

I intend to do out of the box-ish but wanted to know if there were any simple tweaks without delving into the aftermarket,..um,.. market !

Any help would be mucho appreciated :eek:hyeah

ANDY'S BUILDING A MODEL!!!!!! :yipee :yipee :yipee :yipee :yipee Really looking forward to this one! (y)

Found this for you. You didn't say much about manufacture.
http://perthmilitarymodelling.com/reviews/vehicles/tamiya/tam35259.htm

Tony lee :)

ANDY'S BUILDING A MODEL!!!!!! :yipee :yipee :yipee :yipee :yipee Really looking forward to this one! (y)

Might as well quote and join Mike in this one, :yipee :yipee :yipee :yipee :yipee

You go,Sir Andrew of Fettes! (y)

Greetings,Ron.

Might as well quote and join Mike in this one, :yipee :yipee :yipee :yipee :yipee

You go,Sir Andrew of Fettes! (y)

Greetings,Ron.

Joining in with the others!! :yipee :yipee :yipee :yipee :yipee
Looking forward to see what you do with this one :) :popcorn
//Mats

:zen :zen :zen :zen :zen :zen :zen :zen :zen :zen :zen :zen :zen :zen :zen :zen :zen :zen :zen :zen :zen :zen :zen :zen :zen :zen ....

This better Andy?

:D

Greetings,Ron.

I intend to do out of the box-ish but wanted to know if there were any simple tweaks without delving into the aftermarket,..um,.. market !

Well Andy,

It is a good kit. Without buying anything for it, you can do the following:

[ol]
[li]This the cab and mudguard edges... they are rolled so not too thin as it is not a sheet metal edge.[/li]
[li]Replace wooden parts with real wood (or at least re-scribe the wood grain after removing pin marks.[/li]
[li]Using the pages of a book to raise or lower a razor saw, scribe in the tire tread to a noticeable depth.[/li]
[li]Use thick wire (which you coil yourself) to replace the molded suspension springs.[/li]
[li]Add and/or replace bolt head and rivet head details.[/li]
[/ol]

Aftermarket on a tight budget:

$6.95USD plus $2USD shipping...

Aftermarket on a snug budget:

$22.99CDN are not cheap but they are the best and cheaper than the Royal Models set.

Regards,

:zen :zen :zen :zen

Ok headache gone now as Im all Zen-ded up :)

Saul good stuff thank you,...

I have actually delved myself into the aftermarket market at the time of kit purchase with the Archer transfers,, which I have to give myself a slap on the back, basically because I am not that normally forward thinking :blink

Thanks for the tweaks I shall look into those when I start my build (y)

A.

Another question that has popped up regarding this vehicle

Was there early intermediate and late versions of this particular type as Im having reference troubles ?

Back