• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Kingtiger - Alternative history

Tomasz Hejmo

Yeah, yeah, yeah I won't be surprised if you think or say loud "He started new model again :huh: " So please let me explain - I washed off my StuG again - I got terrible, rough facture after painting with Surfacer (too high pressure :angry: ) and I wasn't able to level it with gloss cote. Also I have so much work on studies - studies=no life - and I don't have time for FAMO.

Therefore I chose this one - built and painted about 9 months ago. I washed it in 2h and painted again.

Please, sit down and read the story... :mpup

I removed plastic fenders, added 3 made from copper plate, corrected MG's ring and destroyed plastic Zimmerit. I found some photos and few models and I decided quickly - I'll do alternative history!

True story is about King Tiger from s.Pz.Abt. 506, taken by American soldiers in 15th Dec. near Gereonsweiler in Germany. This vehicle has Henschel type turret with 211 number and is covered with Zimmerit. In my history main hero will be the same - crew ran from battlefield and hasn't been taken over. They found shelter where wait for crossing of first line of Allied army and repair their tank. After fixing it they start to perturb in units following behind attacking Shermans...

1002.jpg

1004.jpg

1007.jpg

1009.jpg

1005.jpg

1011.jpg

1015.jpg

1013.jpg

Model has some imperfections - never more plastic Zimmerit. Before taking pics I broke off rear fender and I have to improve transitions between colours - they're not enough sharp.

After finishing vehicle and I hope a small vignette all will be given to one of my friends - for who? It's a secret... :)

Best regards,
Tomek

Back