• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

KI-27 Nate

Not so much about the sheen Mike as it is the shade .

In this case , they picked a color that is nearly orange . For some reason Tamiya red and Tamiya yellow mixed together look to be a murky beige instead of orange.

Cheers, Christian B)

Uau, Christian, great job! :good:

I really like the Nate, I think I have one in my stash. Amazing job on that engine cowling.

Looking forward to more pictures. Thanks for sharing!

Alex

Thanks Swordsman and Alex for the encouragement.

Believe it or not , I have done one more color update. Added another 16 % red to the mixture and now I feel like it's right.
Managed to destroy part of that lovely red stripe with the blue tack :bang head . Painted it on this time instead. :soldier

KI-27_details_002_a.jpg

While watching the paint dry , I used some oils to accentuate the flight control surfaces.

KI-27_details_003a.jpg

and now that I have two things drying I decided to do something about those non existent wheels.

I cut a plastic disc and cut four small sections off and glued them onto the existing plastic.

KI-27_details_001a.jpg

Not very fancy but it will like something when painted .

Now, I'm pondering how much more detail to put into the paint work . Very different from my normal builds.

Hope you like it. Cheers, Christian B)

Personally I think it's looking fantastic, just thinking about getting another one m'self or better still, finding and stripping-back my old one and getting that same decal sheet to re-do it.

Inspirational build, Chris.

:good:

Ian.

Well if you do Ian, pick one of the paint job that has all the decals available .

I believe they have two more sheets available but the one I picked was my Favorite.

Cheers, Christian B)

Thank you Warren , Mark, Dave , Luiz and my apologies to anyone I have missed.

Can't believe how long it has been since my last post....Sorry :(

The wife coned me into a week's vacation to Seattle, Victoria and Vancouver .... :blush: , so I went !

Beautiful country although it reminded me a bit of Germany . Sunglasses or umbrellas were required at a moments's notice . Plenty of good food abounded ....Unfortunately I brought back no pictures :(

My most memorable time came while taking a flight in one of these

viking11.jpg

More interesting ride than a rollercoaster. The approach was similar to the first hill of the best coaster I have ever been on :frantic But the landing was smoother than any other flight I have been in :frantic

Anyhow, got past the gremlins that followed our return :good:

A good many things have been done since the last post .
I never mentioned the panels ( ? ) on the wings. Those were added . They might possibly be access panels for the struts.

KI_27_Nate_done_003a.jpg

The bird has received the pin washes, some dirt and some subtle paint chipping added .

The pitot tube has been replaced with a piece of hypodermic needle and position light have been fabricated from heated sprue since the kit had none :(

KI_27_Nate_done_002a.jpg

The red and white marking on the spats were touched up ( since the decals would not cooperate ) and the exhaust pipes were replaced with some home made brass ones.

KI_27_Nate_done_001a.jpg

The tail skid was repaired with a brass wire and the wooden antennae was installed and painted.

KI_27_Nate_done_005a.jpg

A blackened piece of sprue was inserted between the cowl and fuselage .

a vac-u-formed sliding canopy was painted and installed .

KI_27_Nate_done_004a.jpg

KI_27_Nate_done_007a.jpg

KI_27_Nate_done_006a.jpg

KI_27_Nate_done_008a.jpg

Hope you all enjoyed this build, I sure did. Thanks for looking :)

Cheers, Christian B)

Back