• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

KI-27 Nate

What with Windows 10 troubles and what not I got behind and let you slip a great build in on Me ... Looking very good Christian ... :popcorn

What with Windows 10 troubles and what not I got behind and let you slip a great build in on Me ... Looking very good Christian ... :popcorn

Hmmmm you got behind even though Time Warner broke my internet for 24 Hrs :hmmm Must have been all that :fencing .

Speaking of Windows 10 , My computer won't even accept it until I get some sort of upgrade :idonno

Cheers, Christian B)

Looked at the Nate this morning and found some extra texture in the wing paint, so I buffed it out and sprayed a second coat of Future.

It looks ready for decals now.

KI-27_Clearly_ready_001a.jpg

Will apply them tomorrow. Cheer, Christian

The bandages finally come off so I get to see the patient

KI-27_bands_001a.jpg

Now that the identification panels and the home defense markings are on , it gets a dusting and another coat of Future to prepare it for decals

Cheers, Christian B)

Hmmmm you got behind even though Time Warner broke my internet for 24 Hrs :hmmm Must have been all that :fencing .

Speaking of Windows 10 , My computer won't even accept it until I get some sort of upgrade :idonno

Cheers, Christian B)

24 Hours is nothing compared to a week of 24's ... Seems my Motherboard needs to have a Bios Update ... and when I go to the Gigabyte web-sight my Anti-virus thinks it is a virus ... So still can't read Display but operating ... Before that I had Verizon troubles so I feel your pain ... Nate is looking mighty fine ... waiting to see the decals on it ... great looking Bird ... :salute :pilot

Thanks Bob, Mike , Luiz and Swordsman .

Curring now . Will try the lipstick and other makeup tomorrow :rotf

Cheers, Christian B)

After two different sessions , I'm still installing decals :snoopy

KI_27_decals_001a.jpg

Good decals (life like decals ) One did not quite fit and another is not mentioned in the instructions .

Will try and figure it out tomorrow

Cheers, Chritian B)

I want to say that this is a very nice set of decals. They go on every bit as good as the Microset decals use to .

However since the above picture I have run into some problems .

KI-27_decals_001a.jpg

Even though the drawings indicate that the entire cowl is supposed to be red, there is nothing in the set to make that happen ! ! ! :( No instructions concerning the problem either :smack

I have tried to use some spare pieces to fix it but to no avail.

My second attempt was to paint the complete cowl with some mixed Tamiya red . . . Another fail :(

My next idea was to mix some Vallejo paints but first, one of their primers .

KI27_cowl_001a.jpg

and that appears to be a lot closer to the original . Hopefully even better after a coat of Future .

KI27_cowl_002a.jpg

No idea why but I seem to have issues with the Tamiya red :idonno This is not the first time that it would just not do .

Cheers, Christian B)

I mix either the gloss red with the flat red or add some clear gloss to the flat red, seems to mellow the color and gives a satin finish. But then again, I was doing red leather seats for muscle cars. :idonno Looks good so far! :drinks

Back