• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

KI-27 Nate

Time to rip out that old Pink Floyd LP's and do some Sanding Meditation Chris :zen

What a great suggestion Dave :D However I happened to think of Deep Purple today and after tuning in good, I found that had already buzzed through the sanding :good:

Didn't even require any Sake :lol:

Just need to add some last detail things and wash it good . Cheers, Christian B)

I did make a bit of progress today.The engine is ready to mount , the canopy if future ,all the glare shields and roll over structure are painted .A gizmo has bee added to th left wing and i have no clue what it is

Engine_001a.jpg

Cheers,Christan B)

Time to rip out that old Pink Floyd LP's and do some Sanding Meditation Chris :zen

What a great suggestion Dave :D However I happened to think of Deep Purple today and after tuning in good, I found that had already buzzed through the sanding :good:

Didn't even require any Sake :lol:

Just need to add some last detail things and wash it good . Cheers, Christian B)
Deep purple will do the sanding meditation thing just as good I even had some good sanding meditation with moody blues.

Youre into Gizmology now? :D :popcorn

When I just don't know , I need to come up with something .

If I had been in Texas it would have been a chingadera :rotf

Cheers, Christian B)

Thanks everyone for tagging along :)

I had a hard time getting the engine colors the way I wanted it but I finally came up with something that resembles the real thing.

KI-27_progress_005a.jpg

Trimmed and futured the canopy and installed all the bit except for the repaired tail skid .

Dave, it is no longer a gizmo but a wing mounted camera.

KI-27_progress_006a.jpg

Changed my mind about the wing tanks since they are much larger that what the pictures show. Of course now I have to plug the holes in the lower wing.

KI-27_progress_004a.jpg

Thanks for looking . We're almost to the fun part . Cheers, Christian B)

That's some really nice work on a difficult looking kit.

Looking forward to the painting of it.

Matrixone

Hi Matrixone . Overall not that bad of a kit . Probably some worn molds .

Ian said his Maniya version was perfect :idonno On occasions I have had the Maniya kits, I have found them to be quite good .

This one is lacking some things like cockpit detail and there were a couple of issues but not insurmountable .

I'm probably going to disappoint you on the paint job job since this one was painted in overall light green but if the decals are good, it will be pretty showy . :coolio These early airplanes supposedly had very glossy paint jobs , so I'm not going to beat it up either.

Cheers, Christian B)

Hello all . Not off to a good start here . Thought I had taken a few pictures of last night's repairs but I can't find them.

Brutal few days here . Time warner brought me an update for the system that caused me to be without internet service for 24 hour ( some update )
And a faltering air conditioner ( now dead ) for the last couple of days :facepalm I think my brain might be melting :blink

Anyhow, after shooting a coat of paint I found this bird to have a ridge on the backbone and the flap replacement.

As it was, I decided to fill/sand those parts back to the plastic . I masked and primed those areas with the following items.

primer__001a.jpg

I have never successfully sprayed that surfacer before . The difference was the Gunze thinner ( lots of it ) and it laid down even better than the Tamiya gray rattle can primer :D

KI-27_Nate_paint_001a.jpg

This is the result of two coats of Tamiya Acrylic :good: A lot harder to spray to a luster than the Gunze but I am pleased at this point .

A coat of Future tomorrow .

Cheers, Christian B)

Good job Chris, didn't think you'd every say something better than your rattle can primer.

Well Bob I always knew there was some other things out there but although I have read about Mr surfacer being used as a primer, this is the first time I have used it successfully out of an airbrush .

Not nearly as easy as a rattle can but did a very nice job . Definitely needed had to clean the AB afterward but it was a good match for spot priming . That's the part that is difficult with the rattle can.

Really happy with this experience though but I could seriously use another AB for priming as I have posted more than once :rotf

Cheers, Christian B)

Back