• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Fujimi 1/72 A-4B

jeaton01

Just finished this one today. It was a difficult build in the sense that it is a small model and many of the parts were fragile, perhaps due to age because this kit has been in my stash for a long time. The slat arms and nose gear were in particular very troublesome. I gave up on the tail hook entirely, it was bent and shattered as soon as I tried to straighten it. The fit was very good. Next time I will replace the slat arms with brass wire prior to putting the wing halves together, I have three more Fujimi A-4's. My shaky old hands were no real help either. The second to last picture is with the Tamiya F-4D and a Hasegawa A-1 which were, like the A-4, designed by Edward Heinemann. The last photo is because somewhere in my collection of magazines. an old issue of Flying, I think, is a photo of an A-4 in formation with a B-36, the biggest of the time with the smallest.

0011a4.jpg

0181a4.jpg

0201a4.jpg

0121a4.jpg

0141a4.jpg

0151a4.jpg

0161a4.jpg

0171a4.jpg

Attachments

• tn0181a4.jpg
    tn0181a4.jpg
    60.9 KB · Views: 12