• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Kawanishi E7K1 Alf (Hasegawa 1/72)

Thanks Dave, Christian, Bob, Luiz, Dave and Ian! I needed the encouragement and I appreciate the comments!!!

I've slaved away this when I could this afternoon and tonight and I think I'm finished! Had a bunch of painting to complete, new wind screens to add, the observers gun and mount, etc....It's not 100% accurate but this was a fun little build. I probably gave it way more attention than I needed to but it was good! I think that the kits fuselage is actually a little short based on the reference images I have. Now, I just need Hasegawa to put out a 1/48 version!!

Here's a couple pics... I'll get a light and take some better ones tomorrow or Saturday and post them in the completion thread but she's FINISHED and I'm happy!!!

:D :D

As I said, this was a fun little build, and it gave me a chance to build a plane I've wanted to build for awhile that they don't make in 1/48. Also, that is the fastest I have ever completed a model in my life! :gogo

I would definitely be up for doing this again in the future, even found another kit at the LHS for MMM 2016!

This oddball, a 1/72 Smer (old Heller kit) Liore et Olivier LeO 451

Brilliant finish ! (y) (y) (y)

I have one of those odd looking French bird somewhere also . ( I'm sorry, most of the French looked odd :blink )

Cheers, Christian B)

Here's a couple pics... I'll get a light and take some better ones tomorrow or Saturday and post them in the completion thread but she's FINISHED and I'm happy!!!

With good reason, Warren. Nice looking model, well done, sir.

Ian.

Back