• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Kawanishi E7K1 Alf (Hasegawa 1/72)

That evergreen rod can be pretty flimsy for axles but then it is a small model as long as the floats aren't weighted. Just a thought. Looking awesome as usual Warren. (y) (y)

Thanks Dave. Very good point about the axles. I had considered a brass rod but this plane is so small and light, even with the small amount of lead I stuck in the floats, that it doesn't seem to be an issue. It's 1/16 " rod and over a fairly small span!

One last update for tonight. Was able to get a few hours in while the family slept!

Almost finished up the trolley by adding some cribbing and scribing boards. Still need to add some bolt holes in the wood, then I can paint it.

Saw horse??

cleaned up the kit exhausts and drilled out the openings.

got those secure and added a small bit of resin to the top exhaust

and finished up the night by drilling holes and starting to rig the top wing

:soldier

Cruising right along Warren. Four days left! :frantic :frantic :frantic

Love the saw horse idea! :love

Definitely a nice quality job Warren! Bet you are feeling the time crunch though. (I am) I really like how the 2 aluminum paints gave the texture difference. (y)

Definitely a nice quality job Warren! Bet you are feeling the time crunch though. (I am) I really like how the 2 aluminum paints gave the texture difference. (y)

Thanks Paul! I am feeling the crunch! Got a lot going on family wise in the next couple days too. trying to do all my work at night when everyone is asleep and the lack of sleep is catching up!

Alright, I made some good progress last night.

got the "stickers" on. I used all decals from my spares pile, mostly Techmod and Aeroflight.

I didn't have any to do the red stripes on the tail and at this point I was too lazy to mask and paint them so I cut down some strips from an old Tamiya decal and very carefully laid them on with lots of set and sol. they were quite thick!

Then got the top wing on and secured the rigging

while that dried, I thought the trolley could use an additional wheel for support

rigging done (for now)

If I can get the trolley painted I should be able to finish on time!

:soldier :soldier

Back